• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Vigoro soil

SadisticPeppers

Business Member
Apologies if this was already posted, but I couldn't find anything similar to what I wanted to know... Has anyone had good luck with Vigoro Planting Mix. I saw that local Home Depot had a sale (3-1cf bags for $5), and wanted to know others' experience with it. Is it good, bad, horrible.

I'm asking because several of my seedlings are due to be transplanted from their dixie cups to pots, and want to avoid Miracle Grow, since it seems that was the source of my bug infestation, as I recall the bugs mainly stayed on the plants that I potted with Miracle Grow, and also noticed they were the same ones where several seedlings I planted in Miracle Grow had larvae.

Apologies if this was already posted, but I couldn't find anything similar to what I wanted to know... Has anyone had good luck with Vigoro Planting Mix. I saw that local Home Depot had a sale (3-1cf bags for $5), and wanted to know others' experience with it. Is it good, bad, horrible.

I'm asking because several of my seedlings are due to be transplanted from their dixie cups to pots, and want to avoid Miracle Grow, since it seems that was the source of my bug infestation, as I recall the bugs mainly stayed on the plants that I potted with Miracle Grow, and also noticed they were the same ones where several seedlings I planted in Miracle Grow had larvae.

This year I used some MG soil and my plants yellowed. I noticed Vigoro soil in HD. I checked it out, the soil was so heavy I would never buy that stuff ever. My soilless media is outgrowing all of the potting soil. I will never buy bagged potting mix again unless it is Fox farm.

BTW I have been using vigoro slow release fertilizer and it is great.

Yup, organic soil.

Thanks for the info. My seedlings are looking big enough to put into pots. Since I have them in Jiffy Pellets right now, I'm not the least bit worried about transplant shock :) I've also got each breed under its own grow light, so as long as I give 'em water and fertilizer, I think I'll be golden

Back