• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Virus, insect, paranoia or did I eff it up?

So this is my first year growing one of my plants in a dwc. Its still a young plant but growth has slowed down. The veins in the old leaves are getting almost black and the new leaves are 'wrinkled'. Here is a pic. Thank you is advance for the help.

61613.jpg

What are you fertilizing it with and how much, how often? Unfortunately, the wrinkles on the leaves is also a very early sign of fertilizer burn. So knowing how much and how often will help with the diagnosis.

geeme said:
What are you fertilizing it with and how much, how often? Unfortunately, the wrinkles on the leaves is also a very early sign of fertilizer burn. So knowing how much and how often will help with the diagnosis.

I am using the General Hydroponics Flora nutrients and following their recommended schedule for it.  You think I should cut back?  I change the water and nutrients every 10 days or so.

Wusthof said:

I am using the General Hydroponics Flora nutrients and following their recommended schedule for it.  You think I should cut back?  I change the water and nutrients every 10 days or so.

Yes.
If you are using the nutes full strength, that is too high for peppers IMHO. I would use about 1/2 strength and see how it goes for a while. You can eventually start increasing the strength if you want to force faster growth, but you risk fert burn if you get too high. I run all mine about 1/2 strength and they are easily outgrowing their soil counterparts.

Jeff H said:

Yes.
If you are using the nutes full strength, that is too high for peppers IMHO. I would use about 1/2 strength and see how it goes for a while. You can eventually start increasing the strength if you want to force faster growth, but you risk fert burn if you get too high. I run all mine about 1/2 strength and they are easily outgrowing their soil counterparts.

I am using them full strength according to their provided schedule.  So it sounds like the best thing right now would be to empty out some of this full strength nute water and replace with the fresh water I use to cut the nute intensity.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

So i reduced the ppm to around 575-580 from the recommended 900-1100. Is that enough or should I lower it more?

Back