• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

soil Volcanic Soil Amendment

So,I was looking up organic soil additives and came across some volcanic sand on amazon. Thinking of getting some. Has anyone here had any experience using volcanic soil? If so,what did you think?

The single addition of Azamite to my mix was a huge help and made a big difference in my buds (growing other). It was night and day. I bought a 40lb bag from Orange County Farm Supply for $35-40 and it should last me a lifetime since only a small fraction is used as an amendment.

Just my experience. Take it as you will

Humic Acid is a good addition also. But it costs a LOT unless you buy it from a farm supply, they have a  "diluted" version (I think they guy said 12% or something like that), but it is just as effective if you up the quantities just a touch.

I had to ask for the humic acid because they keep it in the back for commercial use. It only cost me like $20-25 and should last for the rest of my life as a personal container grower.

FWIW - I feel it is easier to see the difference in "other" plants through calyx ratios and size/quantity, etc. than it is to see the difference in a pepper. And in my experience with "other" plants, it is well worth it. (advice - buy in bulk to save a buck)

Back