• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Who grilled and chilled to the max?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who grilled and chilled to the max... using a common ingredient (meal and bev) to tie the whole meal together?

This one is nearly impossible to vote on. Everyone hit a homerun. I'm not gonna vote for the most elaborate or fanciest or the bestest this time. Gotta go with my heart. Meat, Tortillas, Tequilas. Its just so my style.
I'm proud of you birthday brother. When we thought you were down and out. You picked yourself up and dusted yourself off, and with a lung full of ash, you still Grilled and Chilled.    you're still a chicken ef'er though. :rofl:

To everyone else, you were just to fancy and yummy looking.

And I'm proud of you to SL, amazing you guys were in on this one. you make a very hot looking Asian chicken.

frydad inspired me to do some culinary exploring on the calypso.  That raw sugar cane was a great touch.  He gets my vote.

Now that I am sober... I can state that the common ingredient was bhut jolkia india carbons.  I infused the 'shine with the bhuts on friday night and made the bhut hot sauce while the gazpacho was chillin'.  

Just made a quesadilla with the leftovers.  The gazpacho was even better today!

Great job again everyone!!

I make something similar to Scovies it more lemon garlic rosemary and I use a big chunk of left over granite counter top for weight. Im liken the looks of that adobe sauce :drooling: so that must be DAMN good eats

SALSALADY FTW!

From the clever "Gin-Ger" & tonic to the mouthwatering grilled sweet and sticky wings... the theme was apparent! ASIAN! Small details like the olive oil/sesame oil blend in the slaw, so the sesame doesn't take over... she knows what she's doing! This meal is perfect from the grillin' to the chillin'. Hits all the right notes, and is perfect for summer. Nailed the theme of the cohesive common ingredient. All three were tied together, and the ginger didn't stand out as being odd in any as a standalone. Well done!!!!!!!!

GO SL GO!

I ended up sidelined by a stomach virus, so couldn't participate this time. Hopefully next month will see my return to the TD's. That's also why I'm not voting right now - can't fairly pick any ATM. However...

I am very impressed with the creativity of all the entries. The bacon-fat-in-the-drink had me thrown off for a minute, but freezing and removing the fat eliminated that concern entirely. Job well done to all who entered!

Great early vote turnout... and wow, this is gonna be close. Which means you ALL kicked much ass!

I love this one.

for me it was between frydad and muskymojo.   The peaches won me over as it is   peach season in Niagara right now and I love peaches and pork.   We actually  had grilled pork chops and peach salsa the other night, which  was awesome and my wife makes a killer peach sangria. 

For the first time ever I did a coin flip!!!! 

Scovie Vs. Beerbreath

Scovie's because the whole package looked amazing, Beer's because, while the whole package looked amazing too, it was my favorite cocktail in the competition. 

Scovie won with Heads. 

Beerbreath's Bacon Bourbon is an item that should be sold in stores!!!!

Nice job everyone!!! That was fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back