• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Grillin' & Chillin' Throwdown

Who had the best meal and drink combo?

• BigB - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56927-begin-grillin-chillin-throwdown/page-5#entry12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JoynersHotPeppers - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56927-begin-grillin-chillin-throwdown/p

• Ashen - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56927-begin-grillin-chillin-throwdown/page-11#entry

• JoynersHotPeppers - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/56927-begin-grillin-chillin-throwdown/p

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you! You spent the last few months perfecting them and then no show lol!

The Hot Pepper said:

I like how he cut a burger in half but left it together so you can't see the inside lol! That pic makes me angry.

Totally. That made me LOL, IRL ...
Booma said:
Haha I actually didn't think low and slow/BBQ was grilling, that's why I went with something different

I was wondering that myself on the 1st day when I made the bloody mary ... then when I saw SF's Q I knew I was safe to do the tri-tip ...

I have to be honest, I burned out on Q a little bit ...

tctenten entered some nice Q recently that I didn't vote for ...

Same thing w/ SF's this time ... was really nice looking Q, but I'm just a little numb to it from overeating it ...

That's the thing w/ Danielle not eating any of it ... means I eat it all ... and when that's 10 lbs of (cooked) brisket, it's 10 lbs of brisket ...

I have a bunch of frozen pork rib roast sections to eat still ...

Its like splitting a hair 17 times  :shocked:

I have to say despite how close it was, Cypress Hill was just a little in front with his homemade chorizo, awesome ribs and those rocoto (my favorite pepper) rellenos looked friggin fantastic. The passionfruit cocktail reminded of a long time favorite and my long lived envy of his wood fire setup had my vote all but locked in....

..... then along came Smokey.....

WHAM!! straight up with his version of a Dark and Stormy...  :shocked: ....a most unappreciated cocktail and is a personal favorite of mine...  

.....and that jaw dropping platter of deliciousness.... absolutely smashed the mains and side alike...

I referred to super slo-mo, back and forth and sorry CH but Smokey pipped you by a nose length....

Id love to give more props but i cant mention one without the rest. The entries were THAT good. Congrats to everyone who entered.

The Hot Pepper said:
Translation:

You took the "Chillin'" too literally.

;)

I was almost so chilled I didn't get in this TD.  I did three other cooks over the weekend , but couldn't get out of chill gear to bother posting. 

The Hot Pepper said:

How were those fish sauce ribs and chix by the way?

I thought they turned out really well.  The ribs more so than the chicken but that stands to reason as the whole fish sauce thing is something I had  seen ppl doing to try and cheat for dry aged beef.  It gives a similar funk as the dry aging of beef, the umami worked with the chicken but the funk wasn't quite as enjoyable as on the beef .  The real endorsement of the Ribs , was that my wife ate them unsauced after trying a sample. 

Ashen said:
I was almost so chilled I didn't get in this TD.  I did three other cooks over the weekend , but couldn't get out of chill gear to bother posting. 

Lol, me too ^

I smoked 4 different proteins over the weekend and on Monday but managed only a few pics that I haven't even transfered from camera to PC.  Let alone manage to get a TD entry...:D

More emphasis on the Grillin stage next time boss.  We was all chilled to the point of stoners looking at a water colour moss painting :high:

Keep voting peeps!

Deathtosnails said:

Lol, me too ^

I smoked 4 different proteins over the weekend and on Monday but managed only a few pics that I haven't even transfered from camera to PC.  Let alone manage to get a TD entry... :D

More emphasis on the Grillin stage next time boss.  We was all chilled to the point of stoners looking at a water colour moss painting :high:

I think 17 entries spells success. Get your act together and stop trying to blame me for your inadequacies lol!

Ends in about 3 hours, make it interesting!

COME ON VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudos to all...

I am voting for SmokenFire, best all-around plate, and he really worked for it, smoked all those meats, let rest 2.5 hours, detailed recipes, two killer sides (dig the slaw it's how I like it, I despise onions in slaw and see you used fresh chives, I think that would be okay with me), and one of my fave cocktails is Dark and Stormy, the Light and Stormy is new to me and looks great... with the homemade fermented ginger ale. Awesome! The drink is perfect to cleanse the palate and refresh with all that heavy meat. Well put together sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back