• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! July 4th-ings Throwdown

Best 4th-ings on a plate!

• Rymerpt - [url=http://thehotpepper.com/topic/60946-begin-july-4th-ings-throwdown/page-3#entry1334583

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Vote for best 4th-ings on a plate, and...

Best Food Photography from the below.

Please visit all the links in the poll to vote for the meal, the photos below are for the photo contest only!

The photo contest was a new idea, I noticed a lot of people upped their presentation game! This was a one-off experiment, but maybe we can do something more with it down the road.

72 hour poll.

1. Rymerpt
20160702_194859_resized-1_zpsjxsrz9ah.jpg

2. Guatemalan Insanity Pepper
07.03.16%20throwdown%20POL_zpsbybnjrtq.jpg

3. The Count
IMG_1739_zpstyzwzonb.jpg

4. Ozzy2001
313CEA1A-3DB1-47B4-89A3-F10E0E489097.jpg

5. Shorerider
20160705_183429.jpg

6. JoynersHotPeppers
13603406_1257895897577467_2655569320379289729_o.jpg

Even though I think I object to a bite-taken photo as the choice in general, I most appreciate JHP's photography of the choices, and if you take the full-set of photos, by a good margin ...

Ashen didn't select a Money Shot for the contest, but I enjoyed the photos in addition to the items ...

Ashen's dish spoke to me, in particular ... I love meatloaf, and soy and fish sauce with maple bacon ... hellz yes ... also love beefsteak maters, panko, and really a lot of aspects of it ...

Ozzy was my runner up food-wise, but I don't like bleu cheese at all ... it was close, though ... the cook on that stuffed burger was money ...

Shorerider+Shorerider

Excellent meal, pics, and money pic. The pepper rose is killer. The meal is perfect, love the sweet and savory kebabs; watermelon, pineapple, chorizo cheese peppers wtf?!!!!!! Hell yeah! Great plate! So refreshing but also fulfilling. Love corn like that.

Agree with Grant on some choices but that's how the cookie crumbles!

(Count's butt+bean pic is killer, JHP's taco pic #1, the vibrant onions and that shallow DoF with the soft top of the taco.)

The Hot Pepper said:
Sorry not pepper "rose" but it really does look like a flower, well done!

I lump the rose in with the photography vote, as staging is all part of it for me and that's well thought out.

Agree that garnish, composition etc def are part of the the total package for food photography ...

If SR had picked the next picture in his series, I might have gone 'literal' and voted for him ... but with the one selected, the lines (horizon) kind of poked at me ...

And expanding to folks full sets, JHP's won for me, so in the end I voted for him because his bite-shot was a nicely captured photo, like the rest of 'em ...

Anyways ... it's all good - first time and all ...

The Hot Pepper said:
Hey geeme the potato salad looked so good.

Thanks! And you were so correct in using past tense there.... I came home last night to find a note from my son telling me to figure out food for myself, since he would be out. I also found the container I had put the leftovers into sitting empty in the sink. So much for eating some of them myself! The chicken was also excellent, and I will be making it seasoned that way again. 

I hope everyone had a great 4th!

The Hot Pepper said:
I will change your entry to "Blame it on the Beer"

The taco pic, already stated, pretty much perfect. Were you going to tag the first one? That lighting, focus, and angle is just right.
I screwed up when copy and pasting from WORD, no biggie you can let it ride. I just entered since I was really already cooking all that for company unless you want to do the taco pic, yes the DoF one was the one, see how there is no space between the two...that's where I screwed it up on c/p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back