• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Taco Throwdown

Who made the best tacos?

• Rymerpt - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53914-begin-taco-throwdown/page-6#entry1143396&qu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
BigB said:
apparently not haha. i got THP's approval though, that's all that matters ;)

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Papayas I cannot give love to, aftertaste is throw-up...blame being stranded in CA for 3 months :)
I don't like ripe ones either. Green taste more like apple/cucumber. Try a Thai papaya salad, with a citrus dressing, and it has fish sauce in it too, and crushed peanuts. The shit.

thanks for the suggestions all.  I'll take those things under advisement.

And on the subject of papayas, I myself probably wouldn't like some of the larger varieties you might find at the market or in the store. But then again I haven't eaten a lot of them in my life.

I think one of the ones to have fresh off the plant is the Strawberry Papaya. I didn't think that one was so bad.

but just an opinion. take it for what it is.

The Hot Pepper said:
I don't like ripe ones either. Green taste more like apple/cucumber. Try a Thai papaya salad, with a citrus dressing, and it has fish sauce in it too, and crushed peanuts. The shit.
this is the truth. From what i've notice, papayas not allowed to ripe on the tree have a strong odor of something very pungent....like asshole. But, at least the papayas on my tree, when they ripen the odor is basically nonexistent and it's very sweet. I've never liked papaya until i grew  my own. With that being said, green papaya have no ripe papaya taste. BUT, they do have an odd chemical odor when peel / spiral them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back