• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

w00t new apartment = south facing porch :)

Well, I hate my roommates & my apartment, so after a long phone conversation my mom convinced me not to just break the lease and pay the fines but to just move into a 2 bedroom with only 1 roommate and finish out my lease through august.

Basically, i moved 3 buildings over, lost 2 roommates, saved 10 bucks a month & I have a porch that faces south & a southern facing window in my room! So now i'm officially out of the closet and out on the porch :(

Stay tuned for pics, i'm going to get to work over spring break planting shit.

Txclosetgrower said:
Stay tuned for pics, i'm going to get to work over spring break planting shit.

Can't remember if I've ever witnessed a shit planting before..:( I can't wait to see how itz done!! Bet that you'll save alot in fertilizer cost.

Ok, i decided to try out an autopot system and see what kind of results i get. Autopots are basically an ebb & flow system without a pump. Since i have to go to dallas this saturday anyway, I'm going to stop by texas hydroponics while I'm there.

Shopping list:
1 autopot 2 plant planter: $39.99
1 bale of coco coir: $11.99
1 liter HESI coco fertilizer $17.99
1 big ass rubbermaid containter for res: cheap
1 air pump: $12-20
2 air stones: $5
-----------------------------
Total: Approx $95 bucks.

I'll let you guys know what I end up getting for sure, I may just say screw the autopot and just get the smart valve that controlls it for 25 bucks and build my own 4 site system with another rubbermaid container.

Back