• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Waaaait For iiiiit.... BAM!!!

Cool video dude!
Crab is no match for octopuses. Growing up on the Puget Sound, I've seen it all. Almost. Those damm Octopus learned that they can't reach into a crab pot and pull crab out. So, you know what they do? They slime their way IN to the crab pot, eat ALL of the crabs, and slime back out leaving all of the shells in the crab pot.

They have even been seen sliming up the side of a boulder, only to snatch a full grown Seagull right off the rock. They are stealthy bastards!

AWESOME!!! yeah coolest part is they are so gooey even a giant octopus can fit through a quater size whole... they can get through any size hole as long as their beak fits... crazy smart... sucky part is they usually only live one year till breeding... so shitty pets for the tank... weird something so smart having such a small life span

No dude, they can live 80 years. I dunno why anyone would put one in a tank, that would seriously suck for them, they are hunters and have more needs than the typical aquacan provide. Even giant public aquariums have a hard time keeping them long term. They are nomadic hunters with a den. Figure that one out and you have the key to life. LOL

According to the smithsonian and every documentary i have seen or read they max out at 5 years for larger ones cause thats how long it takes them to sexually mature.. most mature in 6 months then die right after mating... same with the 5 year ones... right after mating they die...

I only bring up the tank pet thing cause a petshop by my house was called Tattoo'd Octopus and they had a mascot little species octopus on the counter... always escaped and they jjust got a new one...said "wouldnt matter if they didnt escape they only live 6 months to a year anyway"

Gonna turn this thread into a kool animal vid thread

Scoville DeVille said:
WTH was I talking about last night, 80 years. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:drunk:

You were just sending them "I LOVE YOU MAN!!!" good vibes for long and happy lives... Besides without the documentaries etc, Id say 80 too... Like a parrot... that smart and some that big... they just seem like old souls...

Back