artwork Wal-Mart hell

Has anyone tried to deal with Wal-Mart? We've been trying that angle for a while now. I am beginning to wonder how they even stay in business since no one there can give the same answer twice.:rolleyes:

Yes. they supposedly have a program for local small businesses. they will carry your product in your local area and if it sells, then they will expand the to the next district and so on. The trick is, finding out how to get in, they make it impossible. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried to play that game and if they had any tips.

Well, the first thing I would do is to find something on the shelf that is made locally and write down the contact information of the company...or just buy it, it's a little easier and you're helping out a local biz.

Write an e-mail, or call the company and ask what they did to get on the shelf. More than likely, they will be more than willing to help out, or at least tell you who you need to speak to at WalMart.

We've done that, and submitted paper work. There are horror stories but we are still trying. I guess what i was wondering is if everyone has had to go thru this paper chase and expense to try to get on their shelves. I suppose they have.

On the other end of the stick im thinking all stores chain stores are like that...its someone elses responsibility(thats where it gets back to you)I walked into a canadian chain most know called Canadian tire...Asked for a battery for my last car(5th Avenue)The guy proceded in asking me if it was a 4 door and what color was the car....What the hell difference does it make??(Im not bulls*itting on this)The guy behind the desk oviously didnt know sh*t from a hand basket so I asked to speak to a supervisor....He came and asked the same questions...I walked outa that store went to napa and bought the battery I wanted...To me big stores like that they have clueless people doing jobs they dont know..That affects service custemer care and all other levels...I tend to stay away from bigger chain stores now

Wal Mart is notorious for putting the little guy out of business. Maybe tell them that you are going to market your wildly popular product through the little corner store and they will probably jump on it.

Back