• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Wal-Mart Hot Sauce

I bought a bottle of Grace Habanero Pepper Sauce at a Wal-Mart in Toronto a few weeks ago. I paid $1.32 for it.

Surprisingly its pretty good stuff! A bit vinegary, and I'm not crazy about Xanthan Gum in products, but I overlooked it on this occasion.

Ingredients: Habanero Peppers, Vinegar, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum

353d2ex.jpg

Says "Very Hot" in all caps right on the label.... It's gotta be hot! :banghead: I'll be checking my WalMart later. Thanks GT.

It's a Jamaican brand. They make a very salty jerk paste as well. Not too great.

Walmart Canada is a separate entity than Walmart US and thus they carry different products; even in Canada they differ from Eastern and Western regions. My Wally doesn't carry that Grace brand but has its own GreatValu version that i buy. same ingredients but costs $1.78, i do purchase grace's cayenne hot sauce as i prefer it over the Tobasco brand version.

That's true, Grace is a Jamaican brand. There is a HUGE Jamaican and Caribbean population in Toronto, Canada (especially in Scarborough). So it isn't surprising Grace products are sold at Wal-Marts there. Although, the sauce itself says Product of Columbia on the label, and Packaged in Richmond Hill, Ontario.

Good stuff anyway, worth $1.32 if you an find it.

http://www.gracefoods.ca/drupal/special-product/266

Grace makes the best ketchup. Loved the stuff when I was in Jamaica and I am damn partial to Heinz. Good find.

I like the grace's Scotch bonnet sauce and its almost cheaper than I could buy an empy woozie. I used to also get Bufalo chipotle sauce for less than $2 but I haven't seen it lately

I'm with you POTOWIE, if I see sauces priced like that I'll buy it. If nothing else, just for the wozzie, lol.
Once in awhile, you get lucky, like it sounds like Grace's ain't too bad.

Back