• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit's Glog 2018

Well started germination yesterday, got a little carried away.

I'm too lazy to type out my list for you guys so here are some pics.

Sprouting these from Justin/whitehotpeppers

And these from the auction of labeled pods from Garth/texashotpeppers

Then there are these from trades and seed trains

I may have officially lost my mind! Thanks for stopping by.

Just mixed up a gallon with a teaspoon of the step one grow, and a quarter teaspoon of the cal- mag

KIMG1451.JPG

These tomatoes are looking a little dry!

KIMG1452.JPG

After I water I will take some more plant pictures, I will see if the kids lost all these homies yet or not lol.

This is a reaper I saved seeds from the plant I grew last year.

KIMG1453.JPG

Bloody riot orange, it topped itself. Or new growth died, whatever you want to call it. Had a few plants do that

KIMG1454.JPG

Bhut Jolokia x yellow brainstrain

KIMG1455.JPG

Mojo brainstrain scorpion from lucky Luke
Can't seem to stop the leaves from curling on this one but otherwise seems to be growing just fine. Bobblehead homies are slightly taller than the og homies

KIMG1456.JPG

Jay's pgs off of Capcom's train. Everything I have that is peach and ghost/Bhut lost leaves like this. Side branches started going so I can't complain

KIMG1457.JPG

Gonna have to post these before my phone freezes and I cry. More to come

Yeah they are gonna have to deal with these pots probably. I don't really have room for bigger pots, plus I don't wanna buy pots. Soil and irrigation are gonna put me into debt

Walchit said:
Yeah they are gonna have to deal with these pots probably. I don't really have room for bigger pots, plus I don't wanna buy pots. Soil and irrigation are gonna put me into debt

Cant you just cut some larger plastic containers and use them as pots in the meantime.

I could go to taller cups or something, they should be alright. The habs I got from the nursery last year were still in the little four packs when I transplanted and they did really good.

Walchit said:
I could go to taller cups or something, they should be alright. The habs I got from the nursery last year were still in the little four packs when I transplanted and they did really good.

Well just give the root bound plants nice gentle massage to loosen the roots and they should be good to go.

Walchit said:
Happy ending?

Yes, the chili plants will be very happy after the massage. I always do it when i transplant to a bigger pot, they might not like it at first but they will love it after some time have passed.

Hey Walchit, if you get a good harvest this year Id like to stop by again and buy some from you. Im doing a grow, but will only be doing certain varieties, and it looks like you are stepping your game up on the variety this year.

I should have a few spare peppers, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I'm gonna set them up. I built some beds out of scrap lumber for other veggies, but I'm hoping to figure out a free source of compost to fill them and whatever I put the peppers in. There is a place that sells cubic yards for 18 bucks but idk how that's gonna go, and I don't wanna buy very many of those lol. I've got a good sized pile of compost going now but it will probably be ready next year

Back