• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Wanted to share some pics of my plants

Hi ladies and gents, I've been growing some peppers from early february (my oldest plant) and wanted to share some of the pictures. Thanks to the forum and everyones help with questions I've had...so far everything seems fairly healthy (touch wood).

Kitchen
1.jpg

Three red habs (longer variety)
3.jpg

Mustard Hab
5.jpg

7 Pod
6.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion, Red Savina, Bhut Jolokia
18.jpg

Bhut Jolokia and two Gambia Reds
19.jpg

Red Savina, Bhut Jolokia, 2x Thai, 2x Golden Nugget, 3x Naga Morich, 7 Pod
There are also three Okra plants and one garlic plant below in this pic.
20.jpg

Novacastrian said:
Very nice, they are thriving. What do you feed them?

Thanks :) I'm trying to keep them happy. To be honest, I fed them once early on when they were seedlings with 1/2 strength of a schultz liquid plant food and some tap water but then from then on, I've just watered them with water from my aquarium. I figured there will be low quantities of nutrients in the water which will minimize any risk of damange from accidental over feeding with regular fertilizers.

SeeYouJimmy said:
What nice green plants you have SV.
Thanks SeeYouJimmy :) They look a bit more vibrant in the photo than in real life. I guess the camera is a bit more saturated.

:) I should. I cant wait though until I do a full aquarium cleaning (vaccuming the gravel and cleaning the filters) because then all the 'muck' from the filter and gravel suspended in the water will go to my plants. Maybe a fert for every 3-4 months. That should be full of organic material.

That's what I call good use of a kitchen! Awesome progress, and you just gave me the idea to use my mic stands to attach CFLs to so they're portable and adjustable. why didn't I figure that out before? thanks!

svc,

If you ever want to share your treasures, I am just 5 hours away in Detroit.
You have some good looking plants there.

NJA

Silver_Surfer said:
Healthy beauties you have. Nice work!

Thanks :) I've been trying. I'm usually kind of a paranoid person so I've been spending too much time reading and pampering them . With my luck they will go outside and first day they will get attacked by bugs, squirrels, birds...ghosts... LOL I mean :(

trinicoolieboy said:
healthy plants!....... lots of greenery!

Thank you. I will post more pics in another month. I hope to have a few plants I have upstairs in the little cups downstairs amongst the mix. Got a Fatalii and a couple Bonda Ma Jacques.

Ballzworth said:
That's what I call good use of a kitchen! Awesome progress, and you just gave me the idea to use my mic stands to attach CFLs to so they're portable and adjustable. why didn't I figure that out before? thanks!

:) go grab that mic stand...best thing you'll do. I had the spare speaker stands and I was like "Hmm that would make an awesome light stand! Those were cheap too. $20 for the pair at Wal-Mart.

peppermanbaha said:
awesome picture.

Thank you. More coming in a month when they are bigger. Hope some will show a sign or fruit or two by then.

Naga Jolokia Addict said:
svc,

If you ever want to share your treasures, I am just 5 hours away in Detroit.
You have some good looking plants there.

NJA

I will keep that in mind because I may have planted too much stuff ;)

Nice looking plants!! I also feed all my plants aquarium water. It's a good way to turn the water over in my 300 gallon. I usually just stir up the rocks and drain 5 gallons at a time. Plants seem to love it and I know the water doesn't have any chlorine or nitrates which is harmful for your plants.

LGHT said:
Nice looking plants!! I also feed all my plants aquarium water. It's a good way to turn the water over in my 300 gallon. I usually just stir up the rocks and drain 5 gallons at a time. Plants seem to love it and I know the water doesn't have any chlorine or nitrates which is harmful for your plants.

No chlorine but i'd check again on the water not having nitrates.

Back