Warm kegs, cold beer lines?

I had considered a different way of dispensing cold beer. Might not work.

I thought that long beer lines coiled in a small fridge would cool beer before dispensing, even if the kegs were stored warm.

I am getting the equipment soon.

I have the fridge space in the basement, but I could cool many more kegs if this method worked.

Yup it will work, i reckon putting the keg in the fridge would be better but i have heard of guys doing what you mentioned, just turn the fridge waaayyy down!

Cold air in the fridge won't do it by itself. It would have to be in an icewater bath. Like a wort chiller sitting in a bustub. Bars have been doing this for years where space for kegs was/is at a premium and not enough walkin space available.

Salute', TB.

Novacastrian said:
Yup it will work, i reckon putting the keg in the fridge would be better but i have heard of guys doing what you mentioned, just turn the fridge waaayyy down!

It just seems like I could cool 15 kegs or so in a conventional fridge, instead of 6.

texas blues said:
Cold air in the fridge won't do it by itself. It would have to be in an icewater bath. Like a wort chiller sitting in a bustub. Bars have been doing this for years where space for kegs was/is at a premium and not enough walkin space available.

Salute', TB.

I had thought to use a tub of water.

Not Ice water per se, but I guess I could use glycol or some other shite.....NAH!

I bet water would do.

I would bust into the freezer too(on the inside) for a really cold fridge.

The liquid lines coming off of a keg with have decent insulating properties, so your efficiency would be rather low, I think. You can get a chiller plate for what you are describing, and that would work much better.

Back