• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Warm waether weekend. Can I set my seedlings outside?

Can I put my seedlings outside in the shade for short periods of time this weekend? The weather here is supposed to be in the 70's this weekend.

I don't see any harm in setting them out. They will be thankful to get some fresh air. Just make sure that the temp difference from your grow area isn't too great and that they don't get sun scald.

you know i was deciding wheter or not to make a thred on this but now i don't have to. Never done it before but i can suggest not putting them in direct sunlight for long maybe in the shade thats what i might do.

Might have to worry about hungry squirrels, no? Our squirrels always come on our deck to dig out potted plant roots in the late Fall and Early Spring. Might be worth considering....

worlok said:
Might have to worry about hungry squirrels, no? Our squirrels always come on our deck to dig out potted plant roots in the late Fall and Early Spring. Might be worth considering....

Yes, squirrels are a pain in the ass. Even when they don't eat the plant, they'll dig around in the pot looking for goodies.

Pam said:
Yes, squirrels are a pain in the ass. Even when they don't eat the plant, they'll dig around in the pot looking for goodies.

Yea I lost 5 japanese maple seedlings as a result of this last summer. I think it may have to do with the soil you use. They hunt for blood and bone meal right?

Josh said:
Yea I lost 5 japanese maple seedlings as a result of this last summer. I think it may have to do with the soil you use. They hunt for blood and bone meal right?

I don't use either, and I still have problems with the little fuzz butts. All I have to do is whisper "squirrel" in my house, and the dogs slide all over the kitchen trying to get out the dog door.

Pam said:
I don't use either, and I still have problems with the little fuzz butts. All I have to do is whisper "squirrel" in my house, and the dogs slide all over the kitchen trying to get out the dog door.

Hahha...yea my dog likes chasing them as well.

A good 22 rifle tends to stand them back.Never ate squirrel-any good?Between 3 dogs and 5 cats and my hbit to shoot-We pre season deer here.

hixs said:
A good 22 rifle tends to stand them back.Never ate squirrel-any good?Between 3 dogs and 5 cats and my hbit to shoot-We pre season deer here.

I dunno about where you live, but although it's nice where I live the idea of eating a suburban critter skeeves me. I realize you were joking though. ;-)

Squirrels!
Try living with a coupla million hickory nuts buried in the yard. I do manage to sift them out of the potting soil but that don't stop them from looking there anyway.

Back