Warning points, and BS posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, where are the rules and regs about warning points? I have 1 now, are we allowed 2 or200?

Second, i put the kabosh on some more Bakers blah blah blah. I got toasted. And a warning point.

How do anyone of us report a whole conversation when the whole thread has gone to pot?
I got the warning point for cursing. But the entire thread is mean, childish and unproductive without curse words. Is that the threshold? Say what you want without cursing, and it flies, but ohhhh man, curse and it's not "family friendly anynore? Gimme a break.

Even children old enough to read would have read my post and would have been able to use their brain and reason it all out.

What ever.

That sucks SD, I read every post on that thread and frankly it should be locked. The vender thread is supposed to be about informing others of good or bad service, not a complete beat down from every Tom, Dick and Harry on THP. I noticed even new people getting in on the bashing in that thread. Bad service or not, what Bakers Peppers did did not meritt such ridicule IMO.
Aaron

Maybe you were warned because you have no authority to "put the kabosh" on something?

Has that thought occured to you?

I got one a couple of weeks ago and tried to get some guidelines in a thread somebody else posted about warning. Never really got any clarification.

As much as I appreciate the effort it takes to keep a community
like this together, there is something to be said for transparency.
Obscure rules and hidden regs have no place here. Our own
government is Kafka-ish enough without having our favorite forum
be likewise. Whether the WP for Scovi was deserved or not, he
deserves due process. This is not Communist russia in the 50's, folks.

What do mods think?

edit: Here's an afterthought. How about 'Nice Points'?
Romy6 would have like 1500 by now! And they would be visible
to all members.

I do have one other question. I don't really care, but I am allowed
0 urls in my sig., but others have them. What gives there? More questions.

See, if this stuff was just posted somewhere and we knew where,
we could all sign on and be aware of what's what.

While I understand and agree Paul, this is also not a democracy.... THP is the first and last word and as such doesn't "owe" any of us anything, per se.

While I understand and agree Paul, this is also not a democracy.... THP is the first and last word and as such doesn't "owe" any of us anything, per se.
Okay, so the money (I assume) they get from advertisers based on membership
and views means we are sort of like cattle? I think this is a two way street, man.
Plus it just about smooth operation and an informed community.

edit: I think that would make the moderators job easier, as well.

Just my 2 cents worth.

But, your point is well taken. Guess it really is a tempest in a teapot!

Good growin', Woody!

Okay, so the money (I assume) they get from advertisers based on membership
and views means we are sort of like cattle? I think this is a two way street, man.
Plus it just about smooth operation and an informed community.

Just my 2 cents worth.

But, your point is well taken. Guess it really is a tempest in a teapot!

Good growin', Woody!
Aye sir! There are two sides to this. THP is a benevolent dictator though. If anything I find him too light handed on the trouble makers........Master Woody would have banned SEVERAL in just the last two days. I really cant stand piss in the pool and servaral noobs apparently that and yellow snow.

Happy growin Paul :dance:

Yeah Paul, that's kind of my feeling. If there are no speed limit signs, and you get a speeding ticket, What the?

I also agree with you Woody, it is a private forum (owned). He has every right to da as he wishes.

However, these warning points must have meaning. If we don't know how many are allowed before banishment,
Then they are just a scare tactic?

I am not one to rock the boat, but I got really upset, at a couple of threads going on here.
I don't like to see Lynch Mobs under the guise of peole posting their "opinions".
I basically stated what I believe to be true, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

I did use a few more curse words, and that's what got me the warning point. BTW. I am not disputing that.

It's all good.

Its a "cool it kids" warning. I seriously doubt THP has a tick box and after strike **** you are out. It is a warning to you that you have brought attention to yourself and the Boss is on the lookout. Keep it up and you will get a spankin :party:

As I say, THP is quite level headed in his Dictatorship. No way could I put up with half of the arguing here as he does. Three idiot posts and I would :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: :hell: them off the net lol :drooling:

Hahahahahaha I know what you mean. For the record, he does a great job, and I wouldn't want it.

That's why I want to know how many! WHEN DO I GET MY SPANKIN? :rofl:

Any openings for Mods? For the record, all I wish is the power to post as necessary:

"You are an idiot. Any more of it and CTRL-ALT-DEL-your-ass-off-this-site :hell: Got it? that is all......"

As I say, THP is quite level headed in his Dictatorship. No way could I put up with half of the arguing here as he does.

I think Scovie likes the idea of a spankin' :D

But you are right Woody - I really can't complain about the forum too much.
It's really been a good place. Way better than some. The only one I participate in.
Good folks and reasonably calm. We are human beings, and as such just need a
little battle now and then to keep the juices flowin'!

Good work, Boss.

Scovie please send a PM to the moderator in question, is it best handled one on on with the mod. Also warning points are not to upset members, they are in place to handle the trouble makers. So of course, your one point means nothing... but a warning just like it says. Same as if you received a PM that said "Hey man chill on the language please" but the system keeps it all orderly, and if it becomes a problem, it is designed to issue a penalty with excessive points. So if you do not plan on going on some rule breaking spree it is all good, and just that. A message from a mod.

And they do expire.

If you wish to PM me instead of the mod feel free.

I'll see about the more transparency part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back