• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wayright's small box of explosions

Alright, so I got my box of peppers from Kevin on Friday :dance: its odd because I ordered them on Wednesday. I had to wait to post them til today, but just because I had to wait to post today, doesn't mean I had to wait to try them :lol:

101_0405.jpg

going clock wise we got yellow 7, Moruga (can't spell) Scorpions, I beleive chocolate Bhut, Lemon Drop, Inca drop, Bhut Jolokia, and Scarlett Lantern. I also had a few Yellow Bouquettes that I ate already :)

Quick story about these though, I took them to RS67Man(Walt) where we tried them all. I also brought peppers from Buddha Bill. We tried all but the Naga Morich from Bill, so Walt cut that thing open and cut himself a slice. I was busy getting another beer :drunk: and we had kept all the peppers on the same cutting board. So I went and got myself a slice off the Naga purposefully getting a vain. I threw that sucker in my mouth, chewed it up, swallowed it and not but a few seconds later I was on fire. I chugged my beer, ate some bread, took some cheese, still light up like the 4th of July. :cry: Come to find out I took down one of Kevins Bhut Jolokias. :crazy: Should have paid better attention I guess. :oops: :)

Anyways, thanks go out to Kevin for the awsome peppers, those Scarlette lanterns and Inca Drops are damn good and thanks for throwing those in.

Aaron :cheers:

You know your in bad shape when you start bustin' out the bread n cheese :rofl:
I killed a 6 pack in 10 minutes after eating a huge chunk of Walts Brain strain.
That was not one of my brighter decisions in life.
Good story Aaron. How's the flavor on the choco bhut?
:cheers:
Brandon

So I was seriously skeptical on the Choc. Bhut, however, it wasn't bad. I expected a more chemical flavor like the Douglah we had at the NWCF. In fact, it was completly different. I just tried another piece to tell you accuratley what I taste; I also tasted the Choc. Hab I got. So, the Choc. Bhut I think the flavor is more pronouced than the Choc Hab. It almost felt more "watered down" (I tried it right after the Bhut so that maybe the cause though I doubt it just seemed the Choc. Bhut was more flavorful) The Choc Bhut is sweeter when you first bite into it. The after taste however leaves more to be desired. It wasn't chemically, more kinda bitter/citrusy. Afterwards though the heat lets you know that its a bhut, it burns the back of your throat for about 5-10 minutes. For some reason after the heats gone it continues to let you know its there by punching the inside of your chest.
Overall though the pepper itself is really good
Aaron

(Edit) P.S. I expect some backlash on the Choc. Hab comment, but still stand by it. Just personal preference is the Choc Bhut.

Thanks for going through some more pain to let me know dude lol. Sounds tasty! I'm interested in trying one once I get the chance. :beer:

Aaron,,
Don't worry or apologize for how a chile tastes to you. Everyone has different tastes, and the more descriptions we can read, the better!

Besides that,... I'm glad you got Lit Up... :evilgrin: :halo:

Is Walt going to chime in here? Variety pepper packs are WONDERFUL!

No problem Brandon, I got a few more of thosr if you'd like. Just pm me.
Ann, thanks! :) if you like that one check out the one I did on the scorpion. Its under box from buddah. Its pretty funny I think. Now that the pains gone. :)
Aaron

I had a good time, got lit up like the Las Vegas strip a couple times too! The Bhut was wicked, one of the hotter Bhuts I have ran across. No wonder he was really getting his behind handed to him on a platter. I must admit my insides were a bit upset with me the next day, but that gave me a good excuse to be lazy on my day off.

Thanks for comming over with the heat HH81! Next time bring the better half and the youngster, we will have dinner, maybe watch a movie on my HD TV.

I had a good time, got lit up like the Las Vegas strip a couple times too! The Bhut was wicked, one of the hotter Bhuts I have ran across. No wonder he was really getting his behind handed to him on a platter. I must admit my insides were a bit upset with me the next day, but that gave me a good excuse to be lazy on my day off.

Thanks for comming over with the heat HH81! Next time bring the better half and the youngster, we will have dinner, maybe watch a movie on my HD TV.

It was a pleasure. I had a good time sharing those peppers and checking out your grow. Those brain strains are looking wicked. If I'm not mistaken it was the chocolate bhut that got you the hiccups. :D
Anytime our schedules allow us. :) I'm starting a new job soon. I'll train in one location then move to another.
Thanks for the hospitality and grabbing my Ph meter.
Aaron

Back