• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

wazapp !!!!

Hey guys, I over winter three plants from last year, and one haves lots of flowers but there not giving any pots, I poliniced them by hand, like last year, but some gave so little pots like a Bosai plant, Lol. Any idea whats going on with my plants? They have new leaves growing weather is great, maybe they just produce once a year? hope to hear some advice, Thank you !!!

They will get there mate, maybe try feeding with some potassium to get them to set, maybe it is just too hot in Mexico at the moment?

since the plants are overwintered, i would think you would want more like 5-5-30,(just made that up)- a higher last number for fruit setting. high first number is for leaf development and greenage(nitrogen), high middle number is for root growth(phosphorus), high last number is for fruiting(potassium). of course, i am being simplistic but that is fertilizer 101. (i use 15-15-30, only because that is the pail i bought 15 years ago and still have a load of it).

I dehydrate banana peels for potassium, grind them up and mix in my soil.

good luck.

Now I'm totally confused. OK, to be honest, that's my normal state of mind.

I thought Phosporous (P) is for roots/flower/fruiting, and Potassium (K) is for disease resistance, drought protection, cold tolerance, root development and photosynthesis.

Where did I go wrong?

Now I'm totally confused. OK, to be honest, that's my normal state of mind.

I thought Phosporous (P) is for roots/flower/fruiting, and Potassium (K) is for disease resistance, drought protection, cold tolerance, root development and photosynthesis.

Where did I go wrong?
you got it right pall, found this article at the web

What does each nutrient do? In addition to other properties, Nitrogen helps plant foliage to grow strong. Phosphorous helps roots and flowers grow and develop. Potassium (Potash) is important for overall plant health.

Back