• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

We have fruit set!!!

I have some nice little tomatoes forming on my Thessolanikki and Cosmonaut Volkov plants and it looks like my Brandywines are not far behind.Bell peppers are blooming as well.

Kevin

Kevin,

I've picked a few green tomatoes for Linda, she loves them fried, but I'm probably two weeks away from ripe red ones. Once they start turning, though, I'll have bushel baskets of them.

Mike

wordwiz said:
Kevin,

I've picked a few green tomatoes for Linda, she loves them fried, but I'm probably two weeks away from ripe red ones. Once they start turning, though, I'll have bushel baskets of them.

Mike

I hear ya on the once they ripen. Lots of them seem to ripen in one big wave. Last year my pink Brandywines did not.It was more like spurts. Got lots of tomato people in the house so they won't go to waste.

Kevin

Kevin,

We had one strange year here, just a couple hundred miles south of you. I had 45 plants, give or take one or two. A cherry volunteer was always good for a lb. per week, the red zebras usually provided a couple of pounds per week between three plants, and the Green Sausage gave up a Wal-Mart size grocery bag every week (all of them is once they got ripe). But most of the other plants were very stingy - maybe a pound twice a week.

It wasn't just me - everyone in the area was complaining. A very cool, rainy, long spring. Early summer was cool then it got super hot, all of a sudden. Not the triple digits, but close to them.

I did tell my dear wife that I may need to go to Family Dollar and buy a couple of laundry baskets, just to hold the toms!

Unfortunately, we are suppose to cool off tremendously for a few days. It won't do anything good for most of the maters, but the Siletz, bred for the cool Pacific Northwest, should flourish.

Mike

Here are some pics for ya to look at.

Cosmonaut Volkov

Picture021.jpg

Thessolanikki

Picture022.jpg

Kobacha Squash

Picture019.jpg

Orange Sun Bell Pepper

Picture018.jpg

Back