food We made some SUPER HOT relish

ThrowHeat

eXtreme
418797_408852092496972_1953904149_n.jpg

The wife and I made a big batch of super hot relish yesterday. We yielded 7.5 pints when we were finished. Here's a photo of 6 of the pint jars (the other 2 weren't completely full).

And if you were wondering what all is in there, it has 10 big jalapenos (green/red), 18 orange habaneros, 3 chocolate habaneros, 3 red scorpions, 3 yellow scorpions, 3 red bhut jolokias, and 1 sweet Italian pepper (just to be funny). So 41 peppers total. It also has 3 carrots (shredded), 4 small purple onions (diced), 10 peeled cucumbers (cubed), and 1 whole bulb of garlic (diced).

I can't wait to try it. If it turns out as good as I'm hoping, I will be sharing the recipe on here in the very near future. :dance:

I'm sure it will be. The vapors when it was slow boiling were pretty intense. But my wife and I will be finding out just how hot it is when we try some later tonight.

We just tried some from one of the not quite full jars, and it definitely came out spicy. Very sweet too, like bread and butter pickles. There is also a saltiness in the onion and cucumber bits.

Can't wait to try it on a sandwich, as well as dogs, burger, in tuna, or hell, on a PB sandwich. I bet it will go great on any of those things.

This stuff was great! It's funny that I stumbled upon this thread almost a month later after it was made. I would really like to get the recipe from ya.

I'm glad that you (and your friends you shared it with) enjoyed the relish. Thanks again for providing all of the super hots that were used in it.

John, thanks for the recipe. I made a batch last weekend. I added a few more cukes to it and since I just wanted to use what I had from the garden, I upped the super count by 2-3 each instead of all the orange habs. I also diced mine up my cukes instead of cubing them.

IMG_0464.jpg

Nice one. How did the relish turn out? I'm interested in trying some of this.

Back