We took ribbons at the Kentucky State Fair

I had absolutely no idea it could feel this good.  After all, when you think about it they are just vegetables.  Not like I wrote a New York Times best seller or brought home gold from the Olympics.  But this was the first time I have entered anything at the State Fair.  Of my three entries, I brought home three ribbons even though I had no idea what I was doing.  I am not all that great at understanding directions for things like this.

Best part was probably the people.  Everyone was so friendly, even folk competing in the same category.  Worse part, oh damn did we part far away.  Seriously, normally I dont bring my wheel chair because I can make fairly long walks.  Wow that was a mistake on this one.  My feet are killing me.  But it was worth it to have the results tonight.  Oh, and between where we parked and the pepper display was a really cool state fair.... did look at that on the way.

Already looking at the rules and considering what I am going to grow for next year.

Blog post with pictures click here.

Voodoo 6 said:
 Was there any doubt you would get ribbons???

Huge doubt.  There were tons of other folk with absolutely beautiful peppers who probably knew better than i did what to bring and how to set up.  The fifth place on the collection completely blew me away because some folk put some serious time and money into their displays.  I just had a white paper plate.

Back