• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

weed the weak? Let them share the space?

Six of my 1 liter airpots have two seedlings growing side by side. 3 of the pots have couples that are pretty neck in neck in growth. The other 3 has one pepper dominating the other. Will two peppers growing so close together eventually stunt each others growth or will they be fine?? I am totally new to growing. 

By the way- How do they look?? seeds were planted april 7 and the one you see in the airpots sprouted within 8-10 days. the ones still in the pluggbox (which is absolutely fantastic for starting seeds!) popped up the following week.  So i currently have 30 healthy looking peppers. And yes, its a very ghetto setup LOL

http://imgur.com/a/0Aq8b    This link should be a public gallery on imgur with a few pics in it. tell me what you think!  the pics aren't the best quality, sorry.

If you plan on keeping them in them small pots I'd def only grow one plant per pot.  Other than that they look like they are on their way for sure!

I have to agree that if you are keeping them in small pots then just one is best. I have successfully seperated them and thus had two or even three set up in their own pots. Be gentle and all will be fine. Good luck with your grow season.

Dip them in a bowl or bucket of water and gently swish to remove the dirt. This will help separate them from each other.

Young and still small, they come apart easily (geeme method).

But if you aren't hurting for plants, snip off the weaker one, or braid into a mutant bonchi.

MUTANT BONCHI??!! I just googled what bonchi means and its freaking awesome. Gotrox, that is a very very cool idea! You win this thread. Everyone else, thanks for helping too. Gotrox, what stage of growth can I start training the plants to get "braided" together? This will be a very fun project.

Very young.
Can be done early with 3 toothpicks.
Stick 2 in the dirt, and the other 1 between the seedlings.
Turn the toothpick every day or so.
As they get taller, you need to loosely bind the tops together to keep the spiral straight, and eventually go to skewers instead of toothpicks.
When they "Y", there are uncountable options.
Top and train---
Continue to braid the tops---
Bush them out leaving a gnarley trunk---
Use your imagination.

Back