• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Weird looking leaves...what is casuing this?

My first guess is overwatering, but they all look somewhat different so I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

P1010077.jpg

P1010078.jpg

P1010080.jpg

P1010082.jpg

Silver_Surfer said:
Back off the fertilizer.

Ah, my second guess. How much should I be using? I have been fertilizing once a week with full strength 8-16-8 fertilizer. Should I do it less frequently or use a half strength dilution?

Silver Surfer...everyone seems to want to fertilize seedlings right away......don't you think people are better off just giving water for awhile??? I think the ferts are probably too much on under developed roots...

I would use at a 1/4 to 1/2 strength for seedlings, but at the age your plants are they probably don't need any at all. I usually wait until they have their fourth set of leaves coming in before I start and don't use any at all the mix I am using already has some. I wouldn't use any for a while until they recover. Also, water real heavy to leach some of the nutrients out of the soil to try and stop any more damage.

Good luck!
jacob

bossman9 said:
Silver Surfer...everyone seems to want to fertilize seedlings right away......don't you think people are better off just giving water for awhile??? I think the ferts are probably too much on under developed roots...

When they're small like the plants shown I only feed them stuff that doesn't burn, like a kelp solution, fish emulsion or compost tea. They start getting the hard stuff after they are a foot tall or more and never more than half strength.

Yeah definataly only give them water. The little green balls in your soil are fert, so you dont need to add anymore. Like suggested, try to flush out any excess ferts u have added, top water and let it run out the bottom, then let them rest a few days, they should perk up within a week. Follow what SS said, wait til they are bigger to fert. and then just 1/2 strength.

Back