Welcome from a Hemp Farmer in South Florida

I believe this is my second introduction to this forum, my first was 5 years ago. Since that time I have moved from Orlando and down into Palm City, and started a 5-acre homestead with my wife. Last year we were approached to join the Florida Hemp Pilot program to produce clones. We jumped on the opportunity before truly understanding what we were getting into. The past 11 months have been blur, prepping land, building greenhouses, driving 2 hours to the hemp farm in Polk County, exhausting. We finally have moved the grow onto our property and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Whew. 

Onto the farm, we grow loads of veggies, sell eggs, have a tropical fruit orchard (close to 40 varieties), and 400 feet of Muscadine Grapes. 

The bad news: My pepper grow has been slacking big time, and I got an incredibly late start this year, most my seeds seem to be non viable now. I have lost enough varieties to rip my heart out, last real grow was 2015. However, I did manage to get a few to pop and salvage some of my genetics. Below is my grow list:

Coyote Zan White
Red Devil's Tongue
Chocolate Devil's Tongue
Yellow Devil's Tongue
Tepiquin
Naranja Picante
Random hot cross (F1)
Aji Arnaucho
Aji Meloconton
Aji Laigo
Aji Limo
Moruga Reaper
Mini Red Rocoto
Turbo Pube
MOA Scotch Bonnet - yellow
Jaune
Texas Long Horn
Mustard Fatalii
Home Sweet Home Pepper (sweet cross that I have carried through the grow for 2 years)
Jalapeno
Mix Bells
Sweet Bananas 
Handful of unmarked peppers

Need pictures! Let’s see if I can upload correctly.
a1b141d35bb8797b5a32321b68f76bc6.jpg

c2dc3506e09977533fe170e7fabcbdcc.jpg

5c29cfc789c5f7f42647a9fbb09c2001.jpg

4d808aa6b4d955b6fe1a7f3f2bb4ef11.jpg

b4eb23f5faaed551e77087029d26eed6.jpg

e31b21238264e109625a63678aa71d4f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Lookin' good!

FFMZ9PR.gif

:welcome: back to the fold, 'Gator!

You and TrentL need to compare notes!
Those should be some contented chickens!

PaulG said:
:welcome: back to the fold, 'Gator!

You and TrentL need to compare notes!
Those should be some contented chickens!
They eat well! Maybe a bit of the munchies. I throughly enjoy Trents farm Glog (needs an update) and your garden is beautiful. Your Triple Threat cross is a beautiful plant.

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Got it, "all medical strands strains here in Florida."  as recreational use there is prohibited.
Correct, we are running CBD heavy Hemp strains. Right now our available genetics for sale are: BaOx, Stout, CBD therapy, Cherry Citrus, and Trump.

sicman said:
all medical strands here in Florida.
Later this season it looks like we will be running a 30’ X 100’ greenhouse for flower. Will be a very new experience as I’ve kept all plants in veg. Allowing to flower will present a new wealth of challenges with our humidity I’m sure.

Back