artwork Well....it's a start

hellsauce2dr7.jpg

They say the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.......

Here is the first batch of hot sauce I'm going to sell. It's just 5 half quarts of my Roasted Habanero with Whisky, Honey and Ginger. I'm calling it Magic Blend #2...for now.

The label looks like crap. I'm going to have to come up with something better. I also want to learn how to bottle in 5 oz. woozies instead of canning in mason jars. My wife and I are working to come up with a bussiness plan to make everything legal. Right now these will just go to friends and co-workers....who are sort of clamoring for it...it's weird.

I also have a batch of 6 Red Jalapeno Sauce ready to go. Gotta figure out better labels. We're also working on some fancy packaging to make them collectible.

Sounds very interesting. Especially the the honey and whiskey, I just happen to like both. What kind of whiskey is it? My friend Jack? Jack makes everything better......even removes ugly from the most cosmetically challenged.

Jealousy !!! Envy!! Covetous Thoughts!! bottle asap chuck, we ALL want some.

anyone know the rules on alcohol in products like these? I know grey poupon has white wine but whats the real story...any links are appreciated also.

I doubt there is enough Jack in there to require the sauce to be listed with the liquor board.

If that sauce is as thick as it looks, Chuk... it won't pour well from a woosy!

T

Tina Brooks said:
I doubt there is enough Jack in there to require the sauce to be listed with the liquor board.

If that sauce is as thick as it looks, Chuk... it won't pour well from a woosy!

Well then I'll have to add more Evan Williams! :lol:

Actually there's only about 4 or 5 ounces in a apx 2 quart batch. Just enough for a subtle flavoring.

It is a little thick, but it does OK in a woozie...that's what I usually put it in when I give it away....used 5 oz hot sauce bottles.

Guys...paitence. I want to turn you on to my sauce but these 5 are already gone. As soon as I have enough to ship some out you'll be getting a pm from me. :)

Speaking of ones who've tried Chuk's hot sauce...you ALL need to get yourself a jar of it. Maybe two. It's damn tasty stuff.

Chuk, have you considered contacting Dan at BLP Labels to see what he could do for you with your labels? He's a chliehead, so he might cut you a deal. Look him up at:

http://www.blplabels.com

Back