• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Well Wal-Mart is good for ONE thing...(Pics)

I am using the same bags this year. I have some Peppadews that I am keeping isolated from the rest of the peppers and these bags seem to do the trick. I did read some where that to keep the soil from drying out so quick , that you put a plastic bag on the outside of the blue bag. I have had my plants in these bags for a month and they seem doing fine.

someguy said:
I am using the same bags this year. I have some Peppadews that I am keeping isolated from the rest of the peppers and these bags seem to do the trick. I did read some where that to keep the soil from drying out so quick , that you put a plastic bag on the outside of the blue bag. I have had my plants in these bags for a month and they seem doing fine.

Are you saying put the walmart bag in a plastic bag?  If so, wouldn't that kill one of the main benefit of the bag (root pruning)?

BTW, I'm using root pouches for the first time this year.  The only bad thing I keep hearing people say about the Walmart bags is that they only last one or two seasons before they start falling apart.  I don't know if that's true or not.

My very first year to plant in the bag.   So far so good.
WalmartBag1_zps05111572.jpg

FlameThrower said:

FlameThrower said:

Are you saying put the walmart bag in a plastic bag? 
I just read that. I believe it was on this site. They said it helped to keep the soil from drying out. I'm not sure how far up they put the plastic bag. I don't have mine in plastic. We will see how fast they dry out when the temps hit over 100 degrees. This is the first year I am using the Walmart bags. I have never used a bag before so this is all new to me.

What the hell with the bath tub and tarp? isn't there outside where you are, or a floor and a broom? soil down the drain is bad fyi...

Nice plants btw

Well if I could show you a close up of my Trinidad moruga scorpions you would see that they are beat by the wind... We have had 35-40 MPH Gusts with steady 15-20 mph winds a couple of days and the day I was repotting it was really windy and I didn't want all my soil, vermiculite, and perlite to fly away. We don't even use that back bathroom so I dumped a bunch of dirt in there :) I was just mixing some Fox Farm Ocean Forest Verm and Perlite... I am going to use the same ratio for my other Trinidad and Scotty Bon with MG or w.e Home Depot or my local palce Sutherlands has to offer and do a side by side to see if buying the FFOF was worth it... although my local nursery have 1.5 cu.ft. for like $28 and it was 50% off. So I can not really complain for $14 for 1.5 cu. ft. We will see if there is any difference.

someguy said:
I just read that. I believe it was on this site. They said it helped to keep the soil from drying out. I'm not sure how far up they put the plastic bag. I don't have mine in plastic. We will see how fast they dry out when the temps hit over 100 degrees. This is the first year I am using the Walmart bags. I have never used a bag before so this is all new to me.
Yeah, there's no way in heck the root pouches I'm trying out for the first time are going to be able to go a day or two without having to be watered when it hits 100+.  Last year I put together a drip irrigation system when I was using Lowe's 5 gallon buckets for pots - best gardening investment I ever made. lol.  Good luck!

all my peppers this year are in the walmart bags and they are doing very well, no plastic. I used this guys method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3lwANBiGio

SavinaRed said:
all my peppers this year are in the walmart bags and they are doing very well, no plastic. I used this guys method.
Very informative video. Thanks for sharing. I don't have any kiddie pools, but I have some big tubs that I should be able to get 3 bags in. I will get them set up today.

I too am trying the walmart bags this year.  I have four ghost pepper plants going in them and they seem to like it.  No kiddie pool for me but I'll keep it in mind as the summer progresses.

-Alden

muskymojo said:
Why the bath tub??
I have heard a dirt bath combined with Cucumber glasses, is good for your pores.

Those bags are getting very popular for planters! Instead of them ending up in the land fill, it's better to fill them with land. :rofl:

Back