• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

=( .............. WELL!

We have other ones started as well, some with two pair of leaves, we are glad we waited to repot them till the cold snap is over........gives me a chance to exact justice and revenge.

:hell: I have set out traps........

make what ever it is suffer....

Hmmm.... are you sure nobody pulled out the plants? Most animals wouldn't eat them incl. the roots (I think!)....

Anyway, I'm sorry about your loss!

wouldn't a mole eat the roots and plant too?

oh they'll eat every bit of it, damn squirrels here are a hazard when i first plant out (and squirrels are just rats with puffy tails...)

AlabamaJack said:

The are no mole hills anywhere around here, the plants were freshly transplanted, perhaps the plants didn't have time to be properly rooted, besides they where indoor in our green house, in pots, the door to the greenhouse which is attached to the house was opened for fresh air however.

GrumpyBear said:
oh they'll eat every bit of it, damn squirrels here are a hazard when i first plant out (and squirrels are just rats with puffy tails...)

maybe a squirrel I havnt thought of that either, but we'll find out when the traps spring. I have one rat trap and one mouse trap both baited with peanut butter.

AlabamaJack said:

Moles eat insects and earthworms, mostly; they don't eat plant material. *Voles* eat plant material.

Sorry to hear that man...our prayers are with you.
See if your friends are willing to share some of their plants with you.

:(

When my first entire garden was eaten last spring everything was eaten down to ground level and the roots were still there with a bit of stem..I know how ya feel thats godamn discouraging...

Canuk Pepperhead said:
When my first entire garden was eaten last spring everything was eaten down to ground level and the roots were still there with a bit of stem..I know how ya feel thats godamn discouraging...

Was that deer?

My sister always loses a plant or two early in the season to deer.

Sanj said:
Sorry to hear that man...our prayers are with you.
See if your friends are willing to share some of their plants with you.

:(
Fortunately we have more plants started but still the six that were already transplanted were halfway grown already and probably would have been flowering soon. The loss however, and Thank God, was not complete, it was disappointing to lose those plants still.

Back