• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Westin Eating an Orange Habanero

Here I am eating an orange hab. The audio on my computer was set to line-in instead of the built in mic... so I had to do a voice over...

Oh well... there is always next time.

Wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Up to this point this year, the hottest fresh peppers I have eaten have been serranos.

What's up with the hick-ups? That's what kills me, along with the bite on the way out as well! Good luck podding up!

What's up with the hick-ups? That's what kills me, along with the bite on the way out as well! Good luck podding up!

I have heard that hiccups are your body's way of telling you that it is rather pissed off about what you have just ingested. :)

I did get a bit of a stomach ache about 20 minutes after eating it, but it went away quickly. I even mentioned to my wife [before eating it] that I really didn't want to throw the pepper up... the first pass through the mouth was bad enough... I have thrown up buffalo wings before... granted, it wasn't due to the heat... but the other things that are commonly ingested with wings... That sucked incredibly bad. Sinuses are a sensitive thing. I think I told her to shoot me at one point. :) -- But, the pepper stayed down... now I just have the morning to look forward to. I am not sure how you guys do it with the super hots... Keep a soft serve ice cream machine in the bathroom? Vanilla suppository?

Too far? :party: :onfire:

Back