• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health What am I doing wrong I

So I have researched and done my homework to get the best growth and proper nutrients
Me and my brother have both planted the same time
He is completely winging it and his plant is twice as big with huge leaves
I swear to god I see why people would use miracle grow now

What chilli are you growing and how old are your plants. How did you start you seeds, what is the climate like. Are they in pots or the ground. How much light (hours; direct/shade) do they haveThere are many factors that can retard growth. Soil Ph, overwatering/underwatering, nutrients, pot size, soil type, insects, fungus, sunlight hours, temperature, root/plant damage... If you provide some more information, i may be able to give you some pointers.

Z

+1

But for real, lets do a little analysis. What are you growing? What soil/medium? What ferts? How often? How are you watering? How often? Got any bugs?

I would quit worrying about your brother, sometimes, less is more. But if you want a hand, this is definitely the place. But to get started we need the down and dirty, the whole 9 yards, the whole kit and cabuddle, [insert more ludicrous sayings].

Look forward to getting you :onfire:

What chilli are you growing and how old are your plants. How did you start you seeds, what is the climate like. Are they in pots or the ground. How much light (hours; direct/shade) do they haveThere are many factors that can retard growth. Soil Ph, overwatering/underwatering, nutrients, pot size, soil type, insects, fungus, sunlight hours, temperature, root/plant damage... If you provide some more information, i may be able to give you some pointers.

Z

Beat me to it. Must have been the sayings.... :rofl:

fatalii
Houston for climate
Water in the morning moist soil
Organic soil
Humus
Fert 9_12_12
Pot 16 inch
Morning sun till 12
Evenings sun 4 till 7
No bugs I have seen
Dont have a ph meter
We bought these particular plants
Direct sunlight

I am more just pissed at him my plant looks hardier better stem better color on leaves

hey hillbilly did you like my ice cream suggestion?

I am more just pissed at him my plant looks hardier better stem better color on leaves

Then I wouldn't worry. The word "hardy" implies you have a healthy plant. If you have greener leaves, healthier stem, then you have a stronger base for the season. If you have a happy plant, then just keep it up and when you get a harvest, do a taste test. Ill take better pods then a bigger plant any day.

But if you have any pics, that could also help.

i think its just because he is using a 24-5-5
do you think that would be why mine is so much smaller do the the lower nitrogen levels?

hey hillbilly did you like my ice cream suggestion?

I didnt like your ice cream suggestion... I ABSOLUTLEY FREAKING LOVED THE IDEA!!!! :beer: I will be growing Aji Lemon and Fatalii during the 2011/2012 season so I can try that out! Mad props to you for the great idea! If it turns out to be worth a crap I shall call it "Wondertwincreme" in your honor.

Dude. I don't do the 30-2-5-4 whatever number thing. I go by the old process of a handful of manure (cow or horse) every fortnight if they are in pots, or a handful every 4 weeks if they are in the ground. I stay away from the chemical stuff as it is toxic, trouiblesome and the good bugs like worms and good bacteria hate the chemicals. Go natural, go simple and you will have very happy plants. It is also cheaper. Its like feeding your kids. You can either feed them junkfood or feed them healthy. We all know what is best.

Craig.

Yeah I have organic soil compost and manure with a small amount of fert and bone meal

Its kind of important how old the plants are.

With the information you have given, I can suggest the following.

Give them a hit with a fungicide. You need to spray this on the top and bottom of the leaves AND the stems and truck on the plant. Fungus is really common, it will retard growth and it is often difficult to recognise. You will need to repeat the process every 10-14 days for a few cycles.

Fungus is often transfered by insects. Some insects are not visible to the naked eye. It would be prudent to give you plant a spray with a good pyretherin solution. Again, on top and under neigth your leaves. This also needs to be repeated every 10-14 days. I alternate my fungus/pest spray, so one week I do the fungus, the next week I do pests. If you have shinier and greener and larger leaves within a couple of weeks, this was your issue.

Only water in the morning to reduce the occurance of fungus. And only water the bottom of the plants at the roots.

Give a handfull of good manure every fortnight. You make have a slight Ph issue. make up a weak water vinegar mixture. I just add 2 cups of white vinegar to a full 9ltr watering can and pour this at the base of the plants. Only do it once. This will slightly increase the acidity in the soil which chillis love.

AND if you are a smoker NEVER TOUCH YOUR PLANTS OR ALLOW ANYONE WHO IS A SMOKER TO TOUCH YOUR PLANTS. The plants will get very sick and die.

Back