• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What are these?

I went grocery shopping yesterday and I found these mix in with the orange habs. These look more yellow and are significantly thicker fleshed than the regular orange hab. Ideas?

IMG_20130319_084425.jpg

,Vegas

there common most likely Yellow Habanero , the thinker wall is just evidence that it is a dominant trait in its genes

i was going to say they where BURKINA YELLOW but when you said you got them at the store that changed my mind, the BURKINA YELLOW isn't commercial grown in the USA that i know of

hope this helps

your friend Joe

my local grocer is getting the same, they use to have nice orange habs but the latest batches have a yellow and peach colour pods, the yellow taste like yellow scotch bonnet, the peach coloured are sweeter than orange habs and not as hot. i kept some seeds for the peach colour and labeled them just that "peach colour hab" - just in case i ever purchase vendor peach habs.

i did send the grocer an email from their website asking if they could provide me with the pepper supplier's contact information, a service that they provide, ..... however it is a very poor service and they never responded back. i asked the local produce manager and he only knows that he orders the peppers from a large corporate supplied order sheet.

Sometimes when an orange hab is picked too early and allowed to ripen on the way to market, the color lacks. Grocery store habs here in PA come from Mexico and rarely have proper color (or taste) by the time they make it to the shelf.

I agree on that. When you pick orange habs to soon they just lack color and might be milder. I also grabbed some that looked like peach habs and I gota say that to me they tasted the same. Thin wall, same taste and just the color differed.

I tried one of these and they had like a tingly taste, not like an orange hab tho. I have to try another one to check the taste again... just to be sure.

,Vegas

Back