• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What are these?

I got a sampler box from Peppers By Mail but they weren't offering labeled boxes so I have no idea what all I have here. Help a newbie out? lol

I know it's mostly reapers and thai chilis but they have a lot of different kinds of reapers now so I don't know if those dark ones are chocolate or the cross with 7 pot douglah or whatever else they've made.
IMG_20181004_180552.jpg

I guess I won't be able to save seeds.

How about the brown peppers and the hook shaped red one? I'm pretty sure all the others are various thais, red reapers and red ghosts.

You can always save the seeds.

Take pictures of each group of peppers, and save the seeds separately.

You'll have time to go back later and compare those pictures to other pictures on the Internet.

I did something similar last year.  I ordered a SFRB of mixed peppers, and didn't ask to get them labeled.

It got confusing.  :)

I sorted most of them out, a few I just had to take a guess.

Google has mountains of pictures for most of these peppers.

From there homepage 

May Contain – This is what has been coming ripe for 2018
  • Carolina Reaper Red
  • Carolina Reaper, Mustard X
  • Carolina Reaper, Douglah X
  • Carolina Reaper, Chocolate
  • Ghost Pepper, Red
  • Moruga Scorpion, Red
  • Naga Monter, Red
  • Thai, Large Red
  • Thai, Small Red
  • Thai, White
  • Thai, Purple
  • Other varieties as they come ripe.

But i guess only them know for sure whats what.

The orange big one look like Aji Amarillo and i saw they have it this year growing.

Good Luck!

i bought a box from a member here and didn`t ask him to label them but he did it anyway. there were 13 or 14 varieties in the box and there were mostly 2 of everything. if the seller won`t answer your request then you might want to take your business somewhere else. 

A large amount of rain has led to slow ripening and not very many boxes. On top of having surgery and other personal crap, I don't wanna make him feel hounded. The man gets out and busts his ass daily. I greatly appreciate his efforts. I'm hoping he gets the greenhouse he's trying for so mother nature can't screw him next year. Hell if I won the lottery, I'd pay for him to have a huge airtight and temperature controlled greenhouse that would make a Briar Patch look small.

I'll save the seeds anyway and label them to where I know which pepper it is and then ask him when the season ends.

Back