• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What are your favorite chocolate chiles?

This year I want to grow several chocolate-colored chiles (last year I grew several yellow varieties). What are your favorite varieties? I've acquired seeds for several, but I don't think I'll have room for all of them, so I'd like to grow the ones that produce well.

Thanks,
Tom

Yup, I liked the choc habs a lot. They don't have the orange hab soap flavor. Glad those mystery chocolates are coming back for 2013!

Chocolate habs, and chocolate scorps.

Love 'em both. Chocolate habs are in my top five, if not top three faves altogether. I like the chocolate 7s too, but they aren't for everyday use for the most part.

7 pot brown is my fav for ones that are readily available. Best I've ever,had,was Brown Moruga Scorpion. But that's hard to come by. Many people have listed the Douglah, but in my opinion it's one of the worst tasting peppers I've ever eaten.

Does Aji Panca count? That is my favorite brown/chocolate, followed by Mulato. Every other chocolate I've had tasted exceptional though too!

choc fatalii is great and way not as hot as other choc in th emillions Scoville range...

but very good in recipe for the family :D
color is great when cut also :)

Back