• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What are your favorite chocolate chiles?

Chocolate Bhut for me too Awesome looking pods
5608_1137406289594_8096889_n.jpg

Choc Habs best tasting and fairly productive ... douglah hottest ... not too bad a flavour but not the best

Jamaican Hot Chocolate for sure. I've got one OWing currently that's become quite a tree. One of the first peppers I grew, and SOOO tasty.

Aji Panca and Chocolate Bhut Jolokia are both very good!!

C. chinense "Brown Egg" is pretty boring. It tastes like a bell pepper will a little heat. It looked pretty cool when you cut it up though. Mine was red inside.

Trying to see if any of these produce earlier than others. Most I find listed as 'very late season'. Any ideas?

i have only tried one chocolate variety choc hab, best tasting habanero, and i have tried quite a few habs I asked a similar question a wile back but it was about chocolate superhots from what i gathered,, This year i whent with choc bhut jolokia, im also growing seeds from the choc habs i tryed and got black stingers wich is supose to be a darker smaller more productive choc hab variety, i say if you already like a sertain type of chili you cant go wrong with the choc version, :fireball:i got 3 varietys going right now, pick a few and go for it, :surprised:

Back