• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What are your Top 5 most favorite HOT peppers?

Please list them below, in order. I'm just trying to get a feel for which varieties of hot peppers are the most popular amongst everyone on THP. I'm still a rookie when it comes to hot peppers, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But I do plan on becoming an experienced chile head as time goes on. Your responses will help me to decide on which varieties I will be reviewing in the coming months.

Thanks, in advance. :dance:

What's your definition of hot? Hotter than a hab? Hotter than a jalapeno? Inbetween?

If you want "inbetween" here's my favorites in order (note, I've not tried that many varieties, so I could be way off):
Red 7 Pot Brainstrain
Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain
Bhut Jolokia
Jamie's (romy6) mystery pepper (not a super hot, but packs a ton of flavor and is on par with a Thai or Tepin in heat)
Trinidad Congo Red

Edit: Many will say the Fatalii is on their list. I have not had the pleasure of eating one yet, so wouldn't know. Thus I cannot add it to my list.

What's your definition of hot? Hotter than a hab? Hotter than a jalapeno? Inbetween?

My definition of hot is inconsequential in this discussion. I am looking for what others consider hot, and more specifically, their favorite varieties of hot peppers. There are no wrong answers here. Just personal opinions.

Really hard to say just 5:(

If you can't narrow it down to just 5, feel free to list more. The more varieties listed here, the BETTER. :cool:

they all have there place on my list depending on what i making/doing. the 2 peppers i have eaten that i did not like were the bhut carbon(way too purfumey) and orange habs.

Rooster Spur? White Bullet? 7 Barrackpore? Some of these names I have never even heard of before.

Time to do a bit of research, methinks.

Yellow 7 pot, Ghost pepper, ButchT, Habaneros, Habalokias, Jamies mystery Bhut x and Tepins

Rooster Spur? White Bullet? 7 Barrackpore? Some of these names I have never even heard of before.

Time to do a bit of research, methinks.
You would be surprised as to how many pepper varieties there are!!! ;)

Oh, okay. I have heard about those ones then, and those are one of the varieties I will be attempting to grow next year.

I'm mainly interested in it for the color. I think that the White Habanero would be good to mix it with other peppers to make interesting colored sauces and relishes.

In no particular order (and i consider anything jalapeno and above as spicy/hot as i try to look at heat from a non chilli head point of view otherwise the kids could get hurt ;) )

wild Brazil
Bhut jolokia 'assam'
Yellow 7 pot/pod
NTRs
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Chocolate Hab
Scotch bonnet TFM
Birdseye HTM
Dedo de Moca

Pretty much every chilli so far I have tasted has its place and I have yet to try anything I dislike (probably won't happen)

EDIT: forgot one of my absolute favorites
Bonda Ma Jacques!!

If it has to be my favourite of the HOTTEST:
yellow 7
Dorset Naga
fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Red Savina

If it didn't need to be just "HOT" chillies, as in the hottest and the favourites, but all round favourites regardless of heat. then a couple of baccatums and scotch bonnet would be on that list.

Back