• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite What are your Top 5 most favorite HOT peppers?

Scotch Bonnet
Orange Habanero
Bhut Jolokia
Red Cayenne
Jalapeno

List is kind of limited, as I don't have much access to fresh pods...

I like the Jalapenõs, Lemon Drops, Adjumba's (also called ajoema, aji umba) habanero peach very much, but due to IBS I can't eatthem anymore. I'm searching for similar flavours at this moment. Like fruity flavours in that kind of peppers.

7 Pot Yellow
Chocolate Hab
7 Pot Douglah
7 Pot Jonah
Yellow Bhut Jolokia

John, the Yellow 7 is a can't miss pepper for a lot of people. Make sure it's on your list.....heck I really don't think you can miss with almost any 7 Pot IMO.

What's your definition of hot? Hotter than a hab? Hotter than a jalapeno? Inbetween?

If you want "inbetween" here's my favorites in order (note, I've not tried that many varieties, so I could be way off):
Red 7 Pot Brainstrain
Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain
Bhut Jolokia
Jamie's (romy6) mystery pepper (not a super hot, but packs a ton of flavor and is on par with a Thai or Tepin in heat)
Trinidad Congo Red

Edit: Many will say the Fatalii is on their list. I have not had the pleasure of eating one yet, so wouldn't know. Thus I cannot add it to my list.
i would say fatalii is definately a must for next season brother, if u haven't tasted them u r missing out very nice heat not a super by any stretch but deeeelicious!

7 pots(red, douglah, jonah, brain, primo, chocolate, brown, yellow,barrackpore)
fatalii (YELLOW)
chocolate naga(or any naga for that matter i love the morich and the bombay as well)
congo trinidad
yellow or orange manzano (the reds are good but.......)
all these are awesome for sauce or powder as well Just saying

Both of those were ones I couldn't get to grow this year... I have aquired new seed from a new source... Will be starting them in maybe october, or november :)

Forgot to mention the fatalii red, like the fatalii taste. This year I'm trying the chocolate fatalii because my stomic can't resist real capsicum heat anymore.... I'm very curious about the taste of the chocolate fatalii!

Forgot to mention the fatalii red, like the fatalii taste. This year I'm trying the chocolate fatalii because my stomic can't resist real capsicum heat anymore.... I'm very curious about the taste of the chocolate fatalii!
Ive only tasted the red yellow and white fatalii but i really only love the yellow, the choclate sounds like it would be great but ive only heard negative things about it, but i LOVE most chocolates, looking forward to trying the choco scorp this year!

My yellow manzanos were not very hot but were very good. One surprising thing about them was they were juicy! Like a slice of ripe peach. Fruity, no green taste, no bell pepper taste.

I prefer cooked or dried peppers because fresh peppers typically have a taste I don't like Not with the manzano. It was.. refreshing.

I will be growing more pubes.

Back