• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering What can I expect with this overwintered plant?

So I over wintered 2 pepper plants...a scorpion, and a chinese 5 color. The scorpion didn't make it (I think). However, the chinese 5 color has kept a few green leaves at the bottom, and most of the stems have stayed green. Since it has begun to warm, I've been setting it out on the porch during the day, and bringing it back in at night. But the only new growth I'm seeing is way down at the bottom near the soil. Is this normal? Will I see new growth further up the plant?

DSCN8109_zpsuk6cxxe0.jpg

DSCN8111_zpshjeg3mlv.jpg

looks to be some dead material , but you do have life !  some warm sun and good nitro , and it'll explode for you !   COOL CHICKENS !     :onfire:

I've probably would have cut it down to looking like a Y last year for over wintering. That being said there is green branches- trim the dead branches off and hope for the best. You still cut it down to a Y but now it might be better to see if it does green up above the Y

I'll say it again, Moruga Welder... i am definitely looking forward to seeing you review this pod... or just posting a note telling us how it made a good dinner into a great one... or well, anything you want to do really.

Think of it as being your way of letting us all know that winter's really over.

mikeg said:
I'll say it again, Moruga Welder... i am definitely looking forward to seeing you review this pod... or just posting a note telling us how it made a good dinner into a great one... or well, anything you want to do really.

Think of it as being your way of letting us all know that winter's really over.
will do my friend !        :onfire:

Back