• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What color should Scotch Bonnets be..?

AaronB said:
Im no expert but I think cup in saucer shape is a great explanation. Also agree, the MOAs are aromatic beasts! Mine are already leaves up in hopes of summer trees. :onfire:  (dang nursery 'bonnets turned out to be habs) ...

If you like bonnets get some moa going in 21, bet your restaurant friends would be asking for more too! 
While MoA bonnets (yellow...never tried red) are really good, I prefer TFM bonnets by a landslide.

Ruid said:
While MoA bonnets (yellow...never tried red) are really good, I prefer TFM bonnets by a landslide.

I have to say that my taste buds probably don't work very well...  But I can't much tell the difference.  Even Papa Dreadies which were  supposed to be all the rage...  They are all pretty much the same to me.  They all taste good, they all grow exceptionally well here, and I'd be clueless in a double blind taste test.  Red MoAs are great, but I have a definite preference for red peppers, and I could definitely pick those out in a double blind.

solid7 said:

I have to say that my taste buds probably don't work very well...  But I can't much tell the difference.  Even Papa Dreadies which were  supposed to be all the rage...  They are all pretty much the same to me.  They all taste good, they all grow exceptionally well here, and I'd be clueless in a double blind taste test.  Red MoAs are great, but I have a definite preference for red peppers, and I could definitely pick those out in a double blind.
The flavors aren't easily discernible for me either. It's a matter of texture. I love a good crunch and that UFO shape on a TFM provides it masterfully.

Ruid said:
Sweet. Have them up too. I'm trying a bunch of bonnets this year looking for the right plants to keep and take seeds from. Got some Bahamian Goat on the go as well (new to me, and a finally grow).  Trying to wake up some old sb7js for fun too, but its taking some time and may not happen.

Back