What color will this ripen?

In another thread about this cross, (Most likely Aji Cereza X Bode Amarella) I've been told that in crosses between red and yellow peppers, red is usually dominant.  However, I've never seen anything this yellow turn to another color.  Will this extremely yellow pepper ripen yellow, or is there some chance it will ripen orange or red?

As this is a new cross, I need to know when to pick it—I don't want to pick it immature.

So—Is it clear that this extremely yellow pepper will ripen yellow, and I can pick it a few days after all of the green goes away, or do I need to wait a while longer, to see if it starts to turn colors again?

Thanks guys!

I'll post a YouTube video review sometime next week when I try it.  I suspect that it will be delicious and hot, but not deadly.  We will soon find out!

I'm starting to have my doubts.  Take a look at this small pod.  It looks like it is starting to turn orange from the top:

Yellow peppers, if left on longer can sometimes take on a darker yellow appearance.  I still think it should be considered a yellow.

compmodder26 said:
Yellow peppers, if left on longer can sometimes take on a darker yellow appearance.  I still think it should be considered a yellow.
Thanks for the confirmation.  I realized that I can taste the difference between a yellow and red hot pepper, so I picked and ate one—definitely a yellow pepper.  And damn hot.  See the last page of my grog for more pics, as I picked the other two ripe pods:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36740-dragon49s-2013-grow-log/page-17

Back