• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

what could have done this to my pepper

p1010290sz.jpg

what could have done this to my pepper!!!
i came home yesterday from work and found my bell pepper has been damaged like that. i did not find any insects around or any worms.

i wonder what could have made that damage ?

Pepperfreak said:
hmmm the birds love to eat my thai chillis !!! usually the leave the storks only the fruit will be missing.

this time its different because only the surface skin and flesh is gone but leaving the delicate inner part intact..

Pepperfreak said:
I dunno...Perhaps a Caterpillar or maybe a type of beetle?
thanks .. i guess it just might be a caterpillar or beetle as i just found 5 caterpillar on my lime plant. it might be hiding somewhere!!

Too much water or sun-scald. I had the same thing happen to a few of my orange habs this year. I let them dry out then gave them a BIG drink of water. Check out the thread HERE

Blister said:
Too much water or sun-scald. I had the same thing happen to a few of my orange habs this year. I let them dry out then gave them a BIG drink of water. Check out the thread HERE

yeah i been having a lot of rain these days and then blast of hot sun too. In Malaysia, it can be very sunny and hot and in about half an hour the weather will be raining cat and dogs. about an hour or so the sun comes out and gets hot again!.

found this guy on my pepper !

p1010300s.jpg

that's why i never found any culprits eating my pepper!
is there any way to protect the peppers from this?

Back