pests What do Aphid munchers look like?

I neglected my plants the last week or two and did not even look at them. (GASP!!) They had been moved into their new shadehouse to plot my demise.

Checked them out today and looks like they've been having a party while I was gone. (They LOVE the new pad.)

They are doing awesome and budding up all over the place, and it looks like some uninvited guests showed up- Aphids. (You know how it is, you have a party, and some people from down the road you don't really know show up...)

Well I was doing my inspection and saw white furry things I thought might spread disease. They got squished instantly without me thinking they may be good bugs.

I think they were.

Tried a google search and cant find them but I think they were aphid munchers or may go by a different name. They were not ladybug larvae. Can anyone post a pic of what they look like please?

I read about them before but cant remember what they look like. Thinking of buying ladybugs now.

BTW- I know I have been doing a lot of talking about posting new pics on the Glog and the shadehouse thread but it WILL be done TODAY. Be on the lookout in a few...

Also got some probs with a couple of the plants, will post about that too.

Thanks!

Did you mean Mealy Bug Destroyers? http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/galveston/beneficials/beneficial-15_ladybug_mealybug_destroyer.htm

• Cryptolaemus montrouzieri
    220px-Cryptolaemus_montrouzieri_larva_InsectImages_5195077_cropped.jpg

Back