• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense What do bhut Jolokia smell like to you?

I got some dried pods for the first time the other day. Every where I read says they smell fruity or smokey or both. To me they smell like dried bananas.

fresh they smell really fruity. dried i think slightly smokey. 
but dried isn't much like fresh. fresh is so pungent! you cut into one and the whole room is filled with that unmistakeable smell.

We refer to naga/bhuts smell as 'the smell of violence' :D
Past year a friend told me that my dried flakes smelled like apples, which i found interesting.
Generally speaking i found bhuts way less fruity than sb/habs and i like em more.

Cya

Datil

We refer to naga/bhuts smell as 'the smell of violence' :D
Past year a friend told me that my dried flakes smelled like apples, which i found interesting.
Generally speaking i found bhuts way less fruity than sb/habs and i like em more.

Cya

Datil

Actually I think I agree with your friend. There IS a hint of dried apple in there!

Or, actually, Like that incident I had with the jellybeans. All I can say about it was that it was henceforth banned from being directly referred to again, because it resulted in at least one person vomiting. And it involved mint mixed with strawberry syrup.

cruzzfish said:
Or, actually, Like that incident I had with the jellybeans. All I can say about it was that it was henceforth banned from being directly referred to again, because it resulted in at least one person vomiting. And it involved mint mixed with strawberry syrup.
oddly i find bhuts slightly minty in aroma. but theres so much overwhelming aroma going on, its not the first thing that strikes you

georgej said:
oddly i find bhuts slightly minty in aroma. but theres so much overwhelming aroma going on, its not the first thing that strikes you
Yeah. I think mint mixed with cherry is a good description.

Fruity with a hint of the acidic smell of cap oil. They smell great but you can tell by the smell of the oil that they will hurt... One of the better smelling supers.

Back