• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What do i do with these plants side growth??

I dont really understand what I should be doing with my plants!! I cut the tops off so its all growing on the sides (see pics)... These are all different plants... But should i cut all the new side growth off?? Or just let them grow?? Will they produce peppers from the sides also?

2ymukqa.jpg

ina1c8.jpg

29dtrgz.jpg

1444ghw.jpg

also...is there an easier way to upload images to this site?? the only way i see how is to upload to a site like tinypic, then insert the url?

I use photobucket and rotate there then put url in here.

Also that growth on those plants looks horrible and I feel sorry for you....I will be nice and make space for them so you don't have to suffer.....send them over.

:rofl:

Those look great actually IMO. I would let the side growth. Many peppers coming your way I am sure.

the more side branches the better as there will be more nodes which means more pods! So that's a good thing. :dance:

As for the pictures, that's the only way but your can use various image sites to upload.

ok awesome!!!! a coworker told me that side growth is bad because the sides wont get as much sun so wont produce! i'm glad to hear they are lookin' good!! :D

thanks again AJ for the pepper plants :D Cant wait till they start producing!

+1 yeah, that's the beauty of topping your plants, you get more peppers in less space. I am sure they'll get enough sun :D

thanks again AJ for the pepper plants :D Cant wait till they start producing!

Should have said you got them from AJ. You can run them over and bomb then and they will come back and produce if the master has started them.

You will have nice little bushes :)

the more side branches the better as there will be more nodes which means more pods! So that's a good thing. :dance:

As for the pictures, that's the only way but your can use various image sites to upload.

+2 The side growth is a good thing. Extra stems = more peppers :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys! i was about to cut all the side stuff off till i posted this! haha :):) well, i hope they start producing soon!

Back