• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What do you do when...

What do you do when you see you have a 100 degree day or 2 coming up? I have about 18 peppers in 8 different pots (large pots). I don't have much access to shad but some. Should I just throw them under the patio on those days?

A patio umbrella might work great. I have cut 2 of those pot trays in the middle and slid them down the stake. Its my shade for the 2 Habs I put in full sun. Annums reportedly can take the sun better than the Chinense varities. You may want to be heavy handed watering them on the 3 digit heat days. Maybe twice a day as the ground sucks out any moisture it finds.

You live in Texas?

Going to be chingos of those days ahead. Mine enjoy the sun, water them twice a day.

You live in Texas?

Going to be chingos of those days ahead. Mine enjoy the sun, water them twice a day.

Ah gotcha. I'm always reading this fear of over watering. I didn't water twice a day last year when we had those 48 days or however many of 100's in a row. Probably my problem. I will make sure and do that and see if I get better results.

Mygrassisblue ty for the info. Don't really have a umbrella but I'm sure I can setup something where I can give them some shade.

I know my peppers last year grew fairly well but when they would flower it would fall off and maybe got 6 peppers total out of 4 plants last year. So I beleive itCayennemist.

Mygrassisblue what do you mean mist? and at what point in the day? I would be afraid to get any water on the leaf and bake my plant in 100+ weather???
I even tried self pollenating thinking maybe that would help, and it may have in a normal situation, but it didn't.

Hi Spicey, I meant a water bottle with the Morbloom added. Mist the flowers. When NC had our 2-3 week 100f days. I was going out at 6/6:30 in the morning and spraying the plants down with the hose pipe. I tested out one plant no problems. It was at least 5 hours later at 11 am it would be the mid or high 90s. Then by 5 pm it would peak out at 100f + So with 5 hours they dry completely just follow the big rule of 'Air Flow'. Worked great for NC humidity as well.

Back