• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What do you look for in Yogurt to take away the burn of a pepper?

Yogurt pops or frozen yogurt mainly for the cool-down and because that's usually in my freezer at all times. :rofl:

My advise would be to not try to force yourself to increase tolerance. Just add enough to take you right below your limit and suck it up.
If you add too much, use any of the options posted above and make a mental note of where your limit is.

I think of peppers as any other condiment, too much of anything ruins the dish.
Push your limits slowly and you'll be surprised at how quickly your tolerance rises without having to curl up on the bathroom floor for 1/2 the night.

The Hot Pepper said:
Some stomach pains you feel like you need to go to the hospital, usually from extracts but also from superhots. So good info.

I even had arm numbness once and the extreme cramps.

Arm numbness up to the elbow, check, legs below the knee, check, ears, nose and lips, check, ringing in the ears like white noise, check. LMAO. Extreme cramps far too often, but only puked twice. I often wish it were a lot more than twice,  :crazy:

Remind me again why we do this?????????

Curled up in a ball, extreme cramps and "I can't feel my left arm!"

"Should I call an ambulance?"

"No, I'm fine."

LOL... it sucks to wait it out but you know in 20 minutes you'll be fine...

And then we do it again.

Sort of... done with extreme extracts.

Nigel said:

Arm numbness up to the elbow, check, legs below the knee, check, ears, nose and lips, check, ringing in the ears like white noise, check. LMAO. Extreme cramps far too often, but only puked twice. I often wish it were a lot more than twice,  :crazy:

Remind me again why we do this?????????
I am curious which pepper gave you ringing in the ears?  Is that documented on one of your videos? 

I know it sounds weird,but,I've also eaten a spoon full of yellow mustard if I've gotten in over my head.(first Douglah I ever ate)

For some reason it seems to kill the heat instantly
The Hot Pepper said:
Curled up in a ball, extreme cramps and "I can't feel my left arm!"

"Should I call an ambulance?"

"No, I'm fine."

LOL... it sucks to wait it out but you know in 20 minutes you'll be fine...

And then we do it again.

Sort of... done with extreme extracts.
20 minutes,but,feels like hours lol.

Yellow mustard is the literal "go to" for 1st and 2nd degree skin burns here
Yes it really does work
Never thought to try it for pepper burn,but I will now for sure
EvanWilliams1988 said:
I know it sounds weird,but,I've also eaten a spoon full of yellow mustard if I've gotten in over my head.(first Douglah I ever ate)

For some reason it seems to kill the heat instantly

20 minutes,but,feels like hours lol.

Back