• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

What do you use your super hots for?

Hab_Nut said:
Yesterday I ground some dried pods and I was amazed at the heat. I thought these were fatalis, but maybe they're reapers. 

I'll be using SMALL amounts of that in seasonings, and I'm sure to have heat for a year. 

Agree with that notation.... A small amount goes a long way with super hots!

My plan is, if i ever find myself in a situation where an imposing watchdog is guarding something that i need for my quest(s), I'm going to toss some SuperHots over the fence or near his chains so he'll eat them and then I'll slip by him while he's freaking out.

You've all seen children's movies and cartons on TV. You know what kind of situation I'm talking about

I did that to my mom's dog. He's a Chihuahua and I was chasing him with a pepper. He kept growling and turned around to snap at me and bit the pepper. He wasn't happy about it. lol

Bicycle808 said:
My plan is, if i ever find myself in a situation where an imposing watchdog is guarding something that i need for my quest(s), I'm going to toss some SuperHots over the fence or near his chains so he'll eat them and then I'll slip by him while he's freaking out.

You've all seen children's movies and cartons on TV. You know what kind of situation I'm talking about
 I doubt this will ever work unless you put it into dogs mouth by force. My friend, who used to smuggle weed across the border into italy always tossed some superhot powder around the bags. When dogs sniffed the bag they just ren away squeeling from the pain. No way they would eat a hot pepper by they own will. 

My dog watches me in the garden so I started giving him tomatoes. At first he would just smash the tomato and move on, then be started to really enjoy them eating them completely. I've handed him several peppers. Bell peppers he would toss around like a ball and have fun, but never eat, hot peppers he would not touch or drop completely. I watched him with a serano very confused, he would taste it (still not actually taking a bite) then go grab a bite of dog food. Watched him do that several times before leaving it alone. I think dogs just know better

ofcourse. Capsaicin in a chemical plants developed for protection against mammals...only humans are dumb enough to eat them all the time and actually breeding them to become hotter and hotter.

True dat....seriously, when other mammals encounter something that hurts them, they avoid it in the future. Then there's humans....that eat something, or handle, or grow something that hurts like hell....and continue to mess around with it. :crazy:

If mammals didn't love capsaicin so much, there wouldn't be 1000s of cultivars distributed ask around the world. There'd just be a hand full of wild varieties in South and Central America, i guess ranging into North America a little bit.

Back