• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

flavor What does a butch T taste like to you?

I've had them bitter and fruity, and I've had them sweet and fruity. The ones that were from a direct line from Butch T himself were more sweet and fuity tasting, but they always have had an odd aftertaste, like acid.

tastes like old spice deodorant. 
its bitter, and the flavour makes my gag before the heat even kicks in. im not growing them again this year

I got a slight hint of kiwi from the few that my plant produced two seasons ago....
My plant last season didn't produce....

Is it only the Butch T line of Scorpions that taste this way?  I'm growing a few scorpions (yellow and chocolate) this year based on great reviews so I hope I didn't make a mistake.  None of them are Butch T variants.

Ignite said:
Is it only the Butch T line of Scorpions that taste this way?  I'm growing a few scorpions (yellow and chocolate) this year based on great reviews so I hope I didn't make a mistake.  None of them are Butch T variants.
I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the butch t strain only had a more pronounced tail....

Fruity and florally. Regular Trinidad scorpions taste more fruity and better to me. The taste is close though.

Ignite said:

The brown and yellow will not taste like each other. Nether will taste like reds. Butch Ts just have a slightly crappy flavor compared to regular TS red Scorps. I don't think they are half as bad as people say.  I think all brown pods taste terrible, so don't go on what people say and try it for yourself!

I didn't like the flavour of the Butch Ts I grew last year. It's a shame, because I think it turned me off to Scorpions in general. I know that's foolish, and I think I'll grow a Trinidad Scorpion CARDI next year.

Back