• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What exactly is this disease?

I did a bit of research on it and I can't quite figure out what's causing my plants to be like this. So far, it only appears to be 2 out fo 11 of my Ghost Pepper plants that have it. The pictures will hopefully tell all. But, in the event that the picture quality is distorted on the viewers end, the "lesions" appear to be more beige. To give a little background, I've been giving my plants 5-8-8 time released fertilizer, some BN-Zyme (activates microbes in the soil), and that's about it. The water I use is a bit heavy as Jerusalem water is very chlorinated, if that has anything to do with it. Also, I just found white aphids a few days ago on one of my plants. To treat it, I mixed up a mild dose of imidclorapide. As for further details, all of this has conspired in the past week... So, I'd like to get on top of it before it does real damage.

I suspect it may be a disease from the aphids or something, as it appears to be occuring on at least one of the plants which had the infestation. Luckily, the aphids seemed to have slowed down. Possibily it's the alfalfa mosaic virus? I hope it's not. I also am doubtful that's what it is. It just seems sort of unlikely given that I'm on a 4th story of an apartment building and there's no alfalfa that I know of even being grown in Israel. If there is, I've never seen or heard of it any of the markets or health stores. And it most certainly wouldn't be grown in Jerusalem. My other guess is maybe some trace element deficiency or some kind of mildew? My worst fear is it's pepper AIDS.

Any help would be appreciated. Tomorrow, I'm going to quarantine the two to be safe.

2j35jqd.jpg

104ribd.jpg

14ipmj5.jpg

ta50ko.jpg

This is the one that fell off:

a2x8b9.jpg

P.S.

Sorry for the picture quality. They were taken on a phone camera in a low light situation... Except for one of them.

Looks like the sun got them. If something got on them that reacts with sun, it burns. Maybe it was the insecticide.

So... You don't think it's AIDS? I mean, the lead singer of Counting Crows was here not too long ago... I can see that it would be sunburn, though. It's been insanely hot, recently.

Back