• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

What heats you up the longest?

I've seen threads on what tastes the best, or how hot different peppers may be, but I don't remember seeing this, at least since I've been looking at the forum. I know some peppers are more intense for heat than others, but which one holds that high heat the longest for you? We were talking about red Brain Strains and Morugas and one person said that Morugas held their heat longer, at least for him. My list for the hottest I've tried would be
Red Brain Strain
Moruga Scorpion
7 Pod Douglah
Carolina Reaper
7 Pod Primo is probably on that list too, but I haven't had one turn color yet
But for length of time, one of these just about have to be on most everyone's list, but we will see. Tom

Good discussion, something other than World's Hottest!

Sustained heat... cool.

aka Burntime ;)

The T. Scorp. ButchT sent from Butch Taylor lasted the longest for me. Moruga, 7 pot brown, and brainstrain were all up there too

It's not the hottest but a Serrano I had early this year from the grocery held a constant heat for at least 20 min I don't know why it held its heat that long but it was interesting to say the least

Funny... supers never really light me up for all that long. Sure they go BOOM but they usually make my mouth go numb or something after about 10 mins. (Just annoys me my gut doesn't do the same! :lol:)

Nightshade said:
It's not the hottest but a Serrano I had early this year from the grocery held a constant heat for at least 20 min I don't know why it held its heat that long but it was interesting to say the least

Nah, I hear ya. The good old Jalapeno usually goes the distance for me. Maybe it's a thicker-fleshed Annuum thing?

But my favourite lingering burn.... the lingering lip burn. And CGN 16941 is awesome for it. I think my lips were on fire for like an hour after eating my first one. It was so good. :D

Last year I ate a takanotsume,the burn lasted for atleast an hour. The burn from the butch t's and other superhots I've had only lasted for maybe 20-30 minute.

I haven't had the pleasure of a good long lasting burn from a super hot as stated they go boom then dwindle down fairly fast and my mouth and or tongue has gone numb some what. 
Having said all that,  I have eaten Rocotos and a few Manzanos were the burn came on fairly fast no Boom, but the burn went on and on for some time.
So I say the best long burn came from a Rocoto, to bad I can't grow a decent crop of ripe rocotos here in Missouri.

megahot said:
The T. Scorp. ButchT sent from Butch Taylor lasted the longest for me.
This... 100x over.

First one I tried lit my mouth up for what seemed like forever. Whatever Butch does to his fields, it should probably be illegal.

Back