food What I had for dinner lastnight...

lilcholo

Banned
I'm sure this has been made by many on here and unfortunately, I can never make it as spicy as I would like cause da woman no likey the hot stuff but I did add some of my own hot sauce that I just made from the peppers (BJs & TSs) that I bought from PepperRich to the one I served myself.

PAD THAI Mike's way....

2012_07_10_IMG_006079.JPG

This one has:

Minced Garlic
Crushed Red Pepper
Grated Fresh Ginger
Chicken and Shrimp
Tofu
Shredded Cabbage & Carrots
Snow Peas
Onions
Mushrooms
Baby Corn
Bean Sprouts
Scrambled Eggs

Served on top of some Ramen Noodles and Rice Noodles (these are simply the best)

Topped with Cilantro, Green Onions & Chopped Peanuts

I used 3 sauces for this one:
The one that came in the package and is like a Tamarind base sauce
That Lemongrass Sauce I showed you guys the other day
General Tso Sauce ( for added spicyness)

Everything was cooked in a mixture of toasted sesame seed oil and a little bit of vegetable oil.

you did a really nice job and i love those mini corns, i keep a few cans in the house at all times. unfortunately, i have had to move away from peanuts and now use pine nuts, sunflower seeds or sesame seeds, regular peanuts for whatever reason, keep repeating on me.

I usually use sliced beef and sliced pork as well.

I use fresh bean sprouts but they haven't been available for a few months now so had to use La Choy (yuck).

I just wish I could add more heat to it but the wife doesn't like it too spicy and I usually make two batches, one for me and one for her but this time I didn't really feel like it. She was lucky all my Thai Orange Chiles are still green.

Oh well, next time she won't be so lucky. Nah, seriously, next time I'm making two batches.

It might surprise you that I just tasted this dish for the first time lastyear...didn't have the slightest idea what it was but we stopped at a Taiwan Restaurant and I scanned the menu....they said that was their specialty and I saw that little pepper next to the item indicating it was spicy so I went for it. Have to admit, I fell in love with it and I've bought it at other places and they don't come close so I decided to start making it myself. I come very close to that first one I tasted but not close enough. That place is 75 miles away and I'm aching to go back and try it again.

They did garnish theirs with some fresh lemon grass sliced lengthwise and slices of lime. They gave me a whole bunch for like $11...it was like enough for two people.

Bottom line, I need to get my arse over there again, SOON, VERY SOON!

you did a really nice job and i love those mini corns, i keep a few cans in the house at all times. unfortunately, i have had to move away from peanuts and now use pine nuts, sunflower seeds or sesame seeds, regular peanuts for whatever reason, keep repeating on me.

Seasame seeds, especially toasted are the bomb. I like them in my sunomono along with the little bits of Wakame. Down here there's some places called Kumori, they make the best mixed Sunomono I've ever tasted. My friend doesn't like cucumber but he dogged down that sunomono salad from Kumori's. Now every time he comes down from Houston, he has to go get himself some.

Just checked and Kumori just opened in San Antonio.

Oh well, I've said enough. ; )

Looks goood! My favorite noodle dish is commonly called "Drunken Noodles" but when I get it at a resturant I order 10 on the scale or hotter if they believe that I can take it.

Back