• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering What I have going on now and Winter plans

Its been awhile since I posted anything and it with everyone going into winter mode maybe some of this will be more relevant :)
I removed all plants but 2 from my DWC grow so now I have A Hab and a Cubanelle or something.
DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0189.jpg

Hab in soil I feed DWC nutrients from weekly changeout
DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0201.jpg

The old grow tent still going
DSCF0197.jpg

The winter project; 600w metal halide/hps, Air cooled with Under Current Hydroponic system & water chiller. I have 2 Bhut clones for the system and hope to get some Aji Lemons as well.
DSCF0206.jpg

2 inch piping less worry of clogging anything
DSCF0208.jpg

I will post a Grow Log with the 600w under current system when I get it going next month.
Good growing everyone I can't wait to grow some pods under HID's.

Damn they are some nice green healthy-ass plants!

I would love to try my hand at indoor growing, but sadly, well, I could never afford to keep the whole thing running--not to mention even get established first! :(

Excellent looking progress,

hey are those bags of "bamboo" in the background....if so you have enough to stake a forest full of plants........lol

I know I can see it's a store front and they're probably for sale...

So after checking the forums I ordered some things from Pepperlover.com(Thx for everyones reviews they were great to work with)
Yellow Bhut,Brazilian starfish,Aji Limon, and Big sun Hab.
So far after 5 days I have a little action on the Aji's and Big Habs.
DSCF0381.jpg

4 plants will be going in to my under current system and the rest I am going to plant in soil in various new containers hitting the market (Root pouches,Spiky root pots,Root trappers etc.)
Heres the dwc with a Hab and a Cubannelle
DSCF0388.jpg

Roots
DSCF0384.jpg

And my soil Hab that gets the Nutes from weekly change out of DWC, I plan on vegging this plant out until spring, then putting it in a 45 gallon pot and growing a tree outside.Its in a 7 gal. now
DSCF0377.jpg

DSCF0378.jpg

I must admit I have had little success with getting a lot of pods on my hab indoors, and when I do I really couldn't tell you how : ), so does anyone out there consistently pollinate there indoor plants inside? I try to shake the plant or put two of them together with fan blowing on them.Is it a light cycle thing? I have everything on 18 on 6 off. When I put these plants outside I got a ton of pods. Its something I really need to figure out before I start in the current culture system and have 4 big super hots with actual HID lighting. Pretty flowers are cool but I need pods!

So I started keeping the tent closed at night when we leave, which gets it up to about 80 degrees for 12 hours or so until we come back in the morning. I also raised the level of bloom in my grow micro bloom and almost overnight
I had more flowers and my first pods since the original bunch that I already harvested off of this plant.
DSCF0406.jpg

DSCF0408.jpg

And my new Varietys are moving along as well
DSCF0410.jpg

DSCF0411.jpg

Special thanks to Pepperlover.com for the seeds, and all the THP members, I have been able to answer every issue I have had by doing research on this board, Thanks Guys!

Back